Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking into a new truck
the Nissan Titan gas engine looks like a good value any pros or cons.
I've got a v8 4runner that's been great. I keep my vehicles over 10 yrs.
and looking for good quality

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
My neighbor had one and didnt like it at all.. he got his new with the cummins, and the cummins was the only decent part of that truck. he had a tundra before it and said going from it to a nissan was a huge step down. He hated the titan and had it for less than 6 months before trading for a new f150. A lot of his complaints were similar to my experience with nissan trucks.

Not a titan, but i had a new frontier as a rental for a couple weeks and hated everything about that truck.. everything in it felt cheap and brittle and felt like it was going to break. getting it above 55-60 on the highway felt like you were rolling the dice with your life. Lots of steering play for being a new truck and had lots of bodyroll and just felt unstable. I personally dont have any experience with the titans, but this frontier left a bad taste in my mouth towards nissan trucks.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
My brother in law has a Titan Pro 4x. For the few times I’ve ridden in it I thought it was ok. I know power wise it seems to hunt for gears while driving on the interstate into a head wind compared to my F150 Ecoboost.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
My wife just got rid of her Armada, same engine and tranny, it was a decent truck put almost 170k on it, pulled decent with the CVT transmission and air ride but that was it’s the old 21ft trailer. Personally I would go with something else, bells and whistles started to go at 50k and was constantly chashing until we sold it.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I seriously looked at the diesel version to replace my Dodge Cummins. Dealer gave it to me for a day to review. The engine I thought was great. Was reasonably comfortable and the best part was the 100k complete warranty. Parts of it seemed cheap particularly interior. I did not like the styling cues of the front end. Seemed bulbous to me. In the end wasn't enough there to sway me away from buying another Dodge Cummins diesel. I believe Nissan has also dropped the Cummins for 2020 which is a big miss in my books.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I think nissan still uses the dodge ram as the platform for the Titan - they did in tbe past and it would explain alot of the grumblings. I have had Rams and the new ford f-150's in our fleet and I would never buy either one after going through all the issues.

·
Super Moderator
29,357 Posts
Since when has Nissian used the Ram platform????

At one time it was discussed Ram would build them for Nissian but it never went through.

·
GSX = Gone Swamp X-ing
70,107 Posts
A friend of ours traded his GMC on a Titan. He only had the Titan for a year and then traded it in for an F150. He was not impressed with the Nissan at all. It was a nice looking truck but was horrible on fuel and rode rough compared to the other two and had very few creature comfort options.

·
Registered
314 Posts
looking into a new truck
the Nissan Titan gas engine looks like a good value any pros or cons.
I've got a v8 4runner that's been great. I keep my vehicles over 10 yrs.
and looking for good quality
I'm on my second one ! Driving a 2018 Pro 4X right now and I have know Idea why people think these are junk . I would not go with the Diesel ... but the 390HP 5.6 V-8 is one of the best truck motors out there!! I have never had it hunt for a gear while towing or just driving . It's the only Truck with a Bumper to Bumper 100,000 mile or 5 year Warranty :) To not look at one and Blindly disregard it for one of the other big 4 truck is throwing money to the wind !!!

Enjoy .

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
My wife just got rid of her Armada, same engine and tranny, it was a decent truck put almost 170k on it, pulled decent with the CVT transmission and air ride but that was it's the old 21ft trailer. Personally I would go with something else, bells and whistles started to go at 50k and was constantly chashing until we sold it.
Armada's have 5 speed tranny, no CVT, unless you are referring to the Murano. 300hp/385 ft-lbs. the last gen at least. I just picked up one with 170K on it... great vehicle for my needs. Pulls better than my 7.3 powerstroke did and 10x better than my suburban. My experience.

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
I didn't see anything I liked when I last looked at a Nissan full-sized. They don't have the reliability or resale of a Toyota and all the Japanese trucks burn more gas than the domestics.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Since when has Nissian used the Ram platform????
At one time it was discussed Ram would build them for Nissian but it never went through.
Looks like you are right - I thought they started platform sharing in 08 but it did fall through. (I was very NOT into truck back then). I stand corrected.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Id personally stay away from the nissan. Good truck...red headed step child of the toyota, defin buy them cheaper too. Selling them for 34 yrs, seems like everyone ive sold them too rust's out prematurely. Sold them to friends and I always hear about the rust factor. When one comes in on trade..it just always seems worse than other makes. Ya I know , not all people take care of their vehicles the same, blah blah...but its definitely noticeable over the years. I wont own one for that matter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts