Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 03 non rev 800 summit. I was wondering if anyone can help me diagnose this or had this happen. When I am WOT in powder usually on a hill climb my engine goes to 7800 as it should and then just falls on its face down to about 6500 with major power loss and then jumps back up to full rpm. Its like a surge. I replaced the reeds and intake boots as I know these have been problematic. Yesterday I noticed when it tips over on its side it will lose a cylinder like just idling as I am walking back to it. It does that in 15 seconds or so and then dies. Could I have bad fuel pump? The float level looked no adjustable when I pulled the carbs. I thought it might be clutching but it started happening out of no where this season. P.S. belt is new and clutches were cleaned plus exhaust valves look great and are clean.

Thanks

·
Registered
482 Posts
I would think that your clutchs need to be looked over again, revving is usually clutches. I'm not sure but thats what I would look at first. Someone else could probably help you out a lil more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts