Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about putting some 6.9 pilots on my gade or slp's.
Has anybody tried the 6.9's on the gade - if so can you give me some feedback.
I really like the 5.7 pilots on the trail - with upgraded carbides I have this sled set-up perfect for aggressive cornering - it carves! But when off trail I would like to improve the sleds performance. So my main concern is if I put the 6.9 pilots on
will I still be able to get my sled to corner like my 5.7's?

·
Registered
369 Posts
I was wondering the same thing? I would like some more front end floatation in the deep stuff!
Any one trying this....ihear theMODS skis are good too

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yota said:
I was wondering the same thing? I would like some more front end floatation in the deep stuff!
Any one trying this....ihear theMODS skis are good too
[snapback]749568[/snapback]​
I have them on my '04 Renegade and love them! Where the precisions just pushed through the deep powder the 6.9's just float. I've got my sled dialed in right because on the trail I feel like I'm on rails compared to the precisons. I weigh about 250 with my gear on. I have my front shocks at the 3 setting, limiter strap let out one from stock, middle shock all the way up and the rear block on 1.
I'm keeping my eye on them for the wear issues reported with the 5.7's.... nothing yet. Hope I've been some help!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
My 5.7s have 3200 miles on them and need to be replaced. Some bad conditions but my precisions went 7200 miles and still looked good.

·
Dootalk = college student's study time
4,213 Posts
I would go with a different brand ski, because the 5.7 are wearing horrible. I don't have any time on the 6.9, but if you are going to go with a ski, I would go with one that has been proven...

Ryan

·
Registered
134 Posts
CATEATER_REV said:
I would go with a different brand ski, because the 5.7 are wearing horrible. I don't have any time on the 6.9, but if you are going to go with a ski, I would go with one that has been proven...

Ryan
[snapback]749593[/snapback]​
I understand that Slydog makes a great powder ski too... I bought the USI spx 301's last year.... you have to be an 800lb gorilla to get throught the twistys! Never sweat so much in my life! Sold those real quick! I'm really happy with my 6.9's so far.... leaps ahead of the precisons. My .02 worth!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RevRen800 said:
CATEATER_REV said:

Ryan
[snapback]749593[/snapback]​
I understand that Slydog makes a great powder ski too... I bought the USI spx 301's last year.... you have to be an 800lb gorilla to get throught the twistys! Never sweat so much in my life! Sold those real quick! I'm really happy with my 6.9's so far.... leaps ahead of the precisons. My .02 worth!

[snapback]749605[/snapback]​
Thanks for the reply's! Keep them coming. I had the USI's 301 on a 03 gade w/shaper bars and I also thought they were harder to turn in the twistys - took the flow out of cornering fast for me, never tried them on my 06 tho - sold them. I like the pilots so if the 6.9's work like the 5.7's on the trail I may give those a try.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I have over 1000 miles on my 6.9's on my gade with shaper bars down the middle and stock bars on the outsides. These skis are the solution (IMO) for deep powder riding with the gade and they handle the trail like it is on rails! This was the best upgrade on my gade so far. As far as the wear point some are seeing, mine look fine. Ditch the Precisions!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.