Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Not a very good post, Ontario is a big area......!

Reactions: JohnnyNeedsASled

·
Registered
315 Posts
2 years ago I was stopped every other weekend it seemed, last year I wasn't stopped once and again this year I have yet to see any check points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Last year I was stopped 3 times in 2 hour span, full inspection....!
Nothing so far this year.

·
Registered
189 Posts
They were at a road crossing in Wingham yesterday stopping everyone...had to show drivers lic, sled ownership and insurance plus trail pass and sled license. One was a pretty nice guy, the other, not so much.

·
ride hard or die trying
7,799 Posts
I've heard of one guy in port Sydney got a ticket for riding on closed trails

And my buddy was riding in haliburton forest and they called the cops in o write tickets for loud exhust. When he got stoped and checked the cop told him they have handed out 5 tickets already

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Ok I get that they can ask to see a trail permit, but what gives them the right to ask for drivers licence is that not what we call carding?
If you have not broke any laws, why the carding...if it is not a ride program where they are checking breatherliser...then it is carding.

I was stopped on private property?
Ok yes if you are driving, they can ask for documents pertaining to driving. Not to ID a passenger!

Reactions: MxZ_500ss

·
Registered
612 Posts
I personally don't care if they are out. My stuff is all in order and my drinking (mmmmmm beer) is done after I ride. I ride in and around muskoka and bracebridge, I guess I've gotten used to seeing a cop or two on my rides. I too am in favor of thinning out the law breakers.

·
True happiness is never trying a sled better than
14,562 Posts
I have never been stopped. Only time I've been checked once was while ice fishing.One OPP and one Conservation Officer. All good. I'm glad they're out there doing their jobs keeping us safe.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Been out in force in the Pembroke/Petawawa area. We have a dedicated sled team from the local OPP detachment in Petawawa, plus we are treated to the SAVE team here quite often as well (as a side note, I thought the SAVE team was created to assist enforcement in areas that didn't have any?). They were here last weekend shooting fish in a barrel with their radar guns on the TOP B railbed, checking our chinstraps to keep us all safe...

On top of this, in Petawawa along the TOP A we have OPP vehicle enforcement, stopping sleds that have the audacity to visit, tour and spend money in this "tourist" town LMAO...

·
14,562 Posts
I don't get the chin strap thing but unfortunately the rest seems to be needed.Too many yahoos with no regard for anyone but themselves.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I don't get the chin strap thing but unfortunately the rest seems to be needed.Too many yahoos with no regard for anyone but themselves.
Unfortunately, sitting on a railbed with a radar gun or needlessly stopping law-abiding sledders at road crossings from the warmth of a cruiser does nothing to curb those yahoos.

·
14,562 Posts
They looked us over in Hepworth Sat. All good.
Hey golfman,are you hearing anything about Northern Bruce? I'm wondering why they aren't even yellow at the tip. They did get a bunch of snow squall action.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Stopped by OPP on way up to Haliburton and came back through a ride program, just north of Kinmount. Only second time I have been through a ride program on a sled.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts