Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..the rumor my bro-inlaw heard today that if he doesnt take his O5' 800x in for a 100 mile check up it WILL void the warranty?
(im thinkin CROCK OF "edit for bad language"
)

·
Registered
745 Posts
If you spent $10000 on a sled it better have a warranty past 100 miles. You should get it in for fine tuning after 300-500 miles. The track will stretch, especially if you added studs. It is also recommended you change the chain case oil after break in. The rest is overkill, so if you can change the oil and adjust the track your golden.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Dont stand for that RDUB!!!!!!

·
Registered
821 Posts
I believe that's standard for Doo's. But it usually takes place after 500 miles. If I remember correctly, I signed a Doo form acknowledging that I was informed that I am to bring it in to the dealer for the check-up or the warranty is invalidated.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Here's the answer according to my 2005 Rev Operators Guide, page 32:

Q: Will the entire warranty be voided or cancelled, if I do not operate or maintain my new snowmobile exactly as specified in the Operator's Guide?

A: The warranty of a new snowmobile cannot be voided or cancelled if pre-delivered by an authorized Ski Doo dealer. However, if a particular failure is caused by inappropriate operation or maintanence instructions in the Operators Guide are not followed and, that failure may not be covered under warranty. This includes service work performed by the customer, especially the critical adjustments: ignition timing, carburetion and oil injection/oil mixture.

·
MTM follower
2,592 Posts
Yes he if not being truthfull.

A 10 hour check up is recommended but not required.

Mine is in the shop right now getting its 10 hour check up.

And getting a new lower A-Arm installed.

darn stumps

1 - 11 of 11 Posts