Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our crew has never rode Canada and had hoped to the do the snow train but it no longer operational. Has anyone trailer-ed up to St. Ignace or anywhere in the UP and done a loop in Canada ? Is it possible to do a loop with a three day weekend ? Any information you have on real world experience would be appreciated. It may be a pipe dream at this point but I thought the question was worth asking.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Have done the Superior Snow Challenge before. You can in good years ie not this 1 snowmobile to Drummond Island and then take the ice bridge to Canada. They have a phone to customs for you to check in on. 3 days up there would be difficult unless you started in Wawa or Dubierville.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I think it would be much easier with cold temps, good snow and safe ice. This year, especially at this time, is a bit lacking in several areas. Then I wonder about the extra costs and hassles going into Canada? Again, just for a short 3 days.

Since you are a MI resident, have you explored most of the U.P. highlights? Maybe try a new area? It would take more than three days for me to jump through the extra hoops to ride in Canada. It may be different if that was the closest area with good snow.

A loop around Lake Superior in 3 days seems tight. Another option may be riding North and out from the Soo, without trying to go around the whole lake.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
3 days Around superior is very tight. Not too mention snow conditions in Minnesota and Wisconsin are not that great either.I'd make plans for doing something in Canada next season. You have to have your passports etc all in order.

·
Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.....
1,570 Posts
Done a 3 day out of St Ignace or Soo Michigan many times, We've left Iggy, headed for Drummond Island. Crossed the Ice Bridge to St Joes and headed for Elliot Lake the first day. Cruised to Spanish, Kilarney and Manitoulin Island 2nd day, stayed in Iron Bridge and came back the third day. Lots of loops around Elliot Lake and on Manitoulin Island. Of course, the ice bridge is not working out so good this year. Nice thing is there is nowhere near the traffic in Ontario. Rode from Searchmount to Wawa and back a couple of weeks ago and saw about 40 sleds in 300+ miles.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Yes halfway is alive and well, i was there again this past weekend, finally the snow has come. Sean has the resort just a buzzin, great place to visit, great food and people,, make sure you visit. Please make sure you drive safe, lots of traffic on these trails both ways??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts