Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any snow in Michigan? What are the temps Thanks Trip planned for 20-25 of feb,

·
Registered
222 Posts
Maybe in the U.P. but I hear it's thin up there to. They are calling for temps in the mid 30's this weekend with a chance of rain. Usally I would be snowmobiling instead of giving weather reports on a Friday night in FEBRUARY.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Check www.johndee.com. Sounds like lake effect snow coming big time starting Tuesday night.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I just got home from Lake Gogibic. We spent the last five days riding. It has been warm and they have lost a lot of snow. Yesterday it got close to 40 and it was suppost to do the same today. The riding got real rough and there were a lot of bare spots. They were talking about a storm coming in tuesday, but they thought it might come in on friday of last week. They never know when or how much lake effect they are going to get.

I hope it snows for you and them as they need it.

Good luck and have fun.

If the snow is poor you can always try to find a logging road map and ride the old logging roads, that's what the locals do or go off the main trails and ride up in the hils.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Not a single snowflake left!!!

Just got back.

Sled_trips004.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
413 Posts
Rode yesterday in Eastern U.P. We need snow dirt in corners and gravel roads. The poorest conditions I have riden in this year. Most fuel stops require running on bare road etc. Maybe snow this week...

·
Registered
826 Posts
Yep, I ride back trails, the trails in and out of towns are Bare.

·
Registered
714 Posts
we have 6 inches in the woods here but very limited on riding area. We went yesterday morning while it was hard as a brick, had to pick and choose and cross some bare spots to get to the woods and orchards but once there it was pretty good riding.
Now it is raining so that will probably put that to an end.
This is getting pathetic.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts