Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had and young guy drop off his sled to have his sliders changed. Should have been a 15 minute job but... the suspension bolts that hold his skid in the tunnel at the back were pushed up against the running board, the metal bracket that the bolts go through and into the shaft were oblonged. well both bolts broke, I thought oh well i can get the bolts out and put in new ones.The alminum shaft must be bent because I can't get it out. My question is how to get the shaft out the bearings are also seized on so I can't get the upper idler wheels off and I don't want to heat it up and melt the wheels. Any tricks.

·
Flyin Fox Daddy X3
31,333 Posts
I'm assuming you got the skid out of the tunnel right, since the bolts broke off and it should have fallen out. When I removed my rear axle, most of the bearings were seized to the axle and I had to soak them in WD40 for a couple of days. Then I had to just pound the axle out. I've heard of guys having to cut the axle shaft just to get it all apart. You might have to cut the upper idler wheels off to be able to pound the bent shaft out of that skid.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.