Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
I put some on my 146" over the summer, the kit is nice because it comes with an entire front end assembly including the sway bar disconnect, ball joints, sway bar, and hardware. If you hit a stump, Doo does have the individual numbers for sale but not as readily stocked in shops as the standard ones. I haven't ridden on them yet but I asked around a bit and heard good feedback. I had to replace both a-arms so it was cheaper to get the curved a-arms kit than the individual ones and thought I'd try something different. They feel pretty solid, hopefully they work out well.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Wont regret it , wont notice it most likely......I blew an upper one and wasnt able to get the individual a-arm for the curved kit...that was 2 years ago so i got a std a arm to get me back on the snow asap but lost the sway bar feature.. They are probably avalaible separatly now...

·
Registered
806 Posts
They were available before... the dealer says they are only available as a kit, but they are wrong. I think I may have the part numbers written down somewhere. Between my buddy and I who run them, we have probably bought 3 sets now.

The arms are sweet, but to be honest the curves create weak spots. You are less likely to hit a stump straight on, but if you bump a tree or something from the side, the curve is weaker (than straight tubing obviously) and may buckle. My buddy and I have both buckled the curved lower arms a few times... and they didn't seam like crazy hard hits. It's also a lot harder to continue riding for the day when you bend them that way, versus bending the front tube on a stock arm.

That being said... it is cheaper to buy the full kit then 2 of the stock ones. So we have done that a couple times, so have plenty of spares now to swap out when needed.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I put some on my 146" over the summer, the kit is nice because it comes with an entire front end assembly including the sway bar disconnect, ball joints, sway bar, and hardware. If you hit a stump, Doo does have the individual numbers for sale but not as readily stocked in shops as the standard ones. I haven't ridden on them yet but I asked around a bit and heard good feedback. I had to replace both a-arms so it was cheaper to get the curved a-arms kit than the individual ones and thought I'd try something different. They feel pretty solid, hopefully they work out well.
View attachment 2004655
sorry to hijack this thread, but where did you get the green dollys with the straps for the skis?? Mine are always slipping off... Thanks.

·
Registered
846 Posts
If you are looking for part numbers for individual A-arms just look up any narrow front late model, (MY -19 and later), Lynx Ranger 49 in the BRP online parts catalog.
Some 49's have a wider front with straight arms but as long as the arms you see in the pic is curved then it should be correct.

The curved arms are weaker and heavier, I wouldn't change my straight ones out just for the curve.

And fixing a bent "straight" arm is hard enough, trying to fix a bent "pre bent" one is a royal PITA! ...seems they magically forget they are weaker when someone is trying to fix them.... ;)

·
Registered
147 Posts
I had curved arms on my 2020 expert and 2021 turbo freeride. Definately stronger than originals, but ofc. if you are unlucky they can bent them too. But on my riding group there has not broken a single curved arm over the years and believe me those arms have had some hard hits.

When do you consider curved arms? In my opinion they are good when you ride low snow conditions with lots of stumps and rocks. Also the kit used to be cheaper than buying whole kit of regular 36" arms so that is good option if you are going from 38" -> 36" and want to save some money.

And I talked to a guy from the factory, these are not the same arms that used to be in 49 ranger. The arms on the kit were redesinged.

·
Registered
846 Posts
And I talked to a guy from the factory, these are not the same arms that used to be in 49 ranger. The arms on the kit were redesinged.
The Ranger have had curved arms since the REX, (XP) chassi days, but the current 49, after MY -19, is Radien, (G4).

You mean that the 36" curved "G4 Ranger" arms are not the same as the 36" curved "G4 Doo" arms?

·
Registered
147 Posts
The Ranger have had curved arms since the REX, (XP) chassi days, but the current 49, after MY -19, is Radien, (G4).

You mean that the 36" curved "G4 Ranger" arms are not the same as the 36" curved "G4 Doo" arms?
Yes that's what they probably meant. Old ranger arms were a bit weak, G4 are not and in my experience this is true.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts