Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '04 600HO with approx 4200 miles.

Yesterday we were riding and I looked down to check the speedo, which I rarely do. We were on a nice stretch of trail and I fiqured I was doing about 100+/-.

I looked down and it read 160mph +/- on the analog gauge. I think the digital was accurate, although it is pretty useless as I can't see it at 100+/-.

Apparently the analog gauge is rubbing on the face plate between the 40 & 60.

So when I shut the engine off the needle comes to rest at the 60+/-, and when I restart it I think it re-zeros itself at the 60 ...so that may explain why i was seeing the needle at 160+/- when I was actually going 100

If you look at the 1st photo, you can see were it is rubbing and getting "hung-up" between the 40 & 60.

The second photo shows were the face plate has lifted.

My dealer "fixed" the fogging problem about a year ago. I think he just took them apart and put in desicant. It did not fix the fogging problem, although it was not too bad to begin with.

Has anyone ever had this problem with the face plates? Can I take it apart and fix it?

Attachments

·
Registered
647 Posts
wife's 06 GSX 600 SDI is doing the same thing, speed-o stuck at 40 and will start out at that when you start it up. The dealer ordered a new one for it, she has 1,000 miles on it now.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ttt

Unfortunately mine is out of warentee.

Don't new speedo's cost about $500??

·
Registered
954 Posts
take your w/s off and your gauge pod. there is a lock on the back of the speedo you have to push in and then turn the gauge. after that it comes apart pretty easy. just make sure you line your pins back up if you split it totally.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts