Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
I have a 2014 Renegade Adrenaline 90ACE with mechanical reverse. Pulled it out of its summer storage garage today, started up without an issue, idles good super happy....

....Until I tried to put it in reverse, It goes in no problem, Beeps as normal, If I apply a little throttle it starts to backup but then almost immediately Pops out of gear and you can hear the grinding - Very disturbing! Seems to be coming from the chain case area, (obviously).

Very similar effect that you get in an old standard transmission car when you mash a shift or try and put it in reverse when its rolling forward.

I can see there there is an adjustment on the rod that seems to engage the reverse gear - I am wondering if it needs to be adjusted to push the gear into place a bit more.

I have read all the posts about similar reverse issue but this one seems a bit different as it clearly goes into reverse easily and then pops out. Was working perfectly when I put it away :)

Any advice would be appreciated! Was hoping to have my first ride next weekend.

D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
When was the last time chaincase oil was changed and chain tensioned? If you see excessive metal flecks in the oil (which is hard to tell just from oil level plug getting a few drops out) better pull the cover and check it out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
602 Posts
Adjust the rod in the linkage, its just barely meshing the gears and once you apply torque it jumps out.
No big deal just needs some attention.
 

·
boost junkie
Joined
·
10,598 Posts
also check linkage for loose bolts

i have seen the reverse handle come loose at the linkage

seen the pivots need adjusting
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chain case oil was new before I put it away - will fiddle with the linkage...Open to any other advice...

Thanks for your comments.

D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guys - Thanks so much for all your replies - I fiddled with this, shortened the rod about 2mm and now it seems to work perfectly.

The rod was pretty tricky to get at - at first I tried to adjust it by leaving the rd in place, that was almost impossible so I ended up taking the rod out. I removed the two hex head screws that hold it to the mechanism at the top and the gear selector at the bottom. Putting it back on was tricky - very little room to work in there.

Posting a couple of pictures in case others have this problem and come across this post.
 

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top