Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 120 belongs to a friend of mine, it was at the house so I could do some work to it. My daughter asked on Sat evening to ride it and I did not think she would do it plus it was getting dark. On Sunday morning she asked again, so out we went. She did great for only being 2.5 years old. I held on to the tether for a little while, but she was doing so well I was able to let go and just run beside her.

Now I am looking for one of her own!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts

better buy her a yellow one tho....
I had to put blocks on the foot rests on my son's mini rev till he grew into it. He's five and been riding it for 3 years now....

·
Registered
683 Posts
Wow that's great. Can't wait to buy one for my little girl - maybe next year.

Your little one looks very tall - is she touching the running boards?

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
500ssADR said:
thats a good way for dad to get some exercise

[snapback]690226[/snapback]​
Burn off all the beer you drank while you sat there looking at it in the shop!

That helmet looks a tad too big too

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was going to go for as long as she wanted, but I sure was happy she quit when she did. Not sure I could have gone up and down too many more times.

Her feet do touch the running boards, but just barly.

The shell of the helmet is pretty large, but it fits really good and it is very light. We had it for her last year, but it was still a little too much weight for her, but this year she handles it really well.

I am looking for a mini z (of course), but I really want one with front shocks, so I think that mean 2003 and newer if I go with the doo. The little polaris does not look too bad, but I want her to have a doo. All my cat buddies got a real kick out of her being on a cat for her first ride. I was thinking about that, but did not care too much, I was too excited about her having so much fun. She insisted that we ride again last night!

·
Registered
719 Posts
That's cool!

G

·
Great... always glad to see that.... Did the same thing Christmas day running along side is A WORK OUT!!! The rain washed the rest of the snow away and the kids have not ridden since XMAS

·
E-Tec Rules
33,535 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
I got my daughter a 49cc pocket bike for christmas, just ajusted the gas so she couldnt go tooooo fast. Had her out riding on boxing day running beside her on the road, was quite a workout.
When she got off it, she said to me, ok now that you got me the bike, you need to get me something for the winter....she says " dad you need to get me a snowmobile like yours"
oh well maybe next year, I will let her enjoy the bike first.
Rev500ss

·
And...here.....we.....go.......
5,656 Posts
Very cool!!!

You will now have a riding partner for life......

Not trying to hyjack.....but here's a pic of C-Rev Jr. on his fun machine....He'll be 5 this year....

Jerry

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
These are cool pics.

Rev500ss - How old is your daughter that is riding that bike? I have a Yamaha PW 50 for my daughter, and I was thinking of putting the training wheels on it this summer for her. Last summer she was running the throttle and brake, but only with me riding on it with her.

CustomRev - Are you happy with that wheeler? I have been looking at the options for the small ones, but can't decide if I should go with a name brand, or try one of the knock offs. I bought a Yamaha YMF 80 that is in rough shape that I am fixing up, but I think it is too big, plus it has no suspension, so when it is done I am selling it.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Crazy_2 said:
Our kids got a mini on Saturday
Dad got lots of exercise, 7 hours of stomping around behind them on snow shoes.
they had a blast and are coundting the seconds till saturday.
[snapback]691865[/snapback]​
That first pic there is too darn cute. She looks like she know's what she's doing! Nice job!

·
And...here.....we.....go.......
5,656 Posts
mxz21 said:
These are cool pics.

Rev500ss - How old is your daughter that is riding that bike? I have a Yamaha PW 50 for my daughter, and I was thinking of putting the training wheels on it this summer for her. Last summer she was running the throttle and brake, but only with me riding on it with her.

CustomRev - Are you happy with that wheeler? I have been looking at the options for the small ones, but can't decide if I should go with a name brand, or try one of the knock offs. I bought a Yamaha YMF 80 that is in rough shape that I am fixing up, but I think it is too big, plus it has no suspension, so when it is done I am selling it.
[snapback]692061[/snapback]​
No probs at all...I wouldn't recommend a chinese knock-off. They're cheaper, but try to get parts....

Plus, all the knock offs are 2-strokes (as far as I know), and juniors 50 is a 4 stroke. 2006 is the first year for this 4 stroke in a 50 (Suzuki). Kawasaki still uses the old 2 stroke. Price difference? Kawi gets 1800.00 for their 50 and Suzy is 1899.00
The only knock-off that seems to be pretty good is the Dinli. But if you can, go with the Suzy. REAL hard to find these used in good shape. People are lining up for them.
If you have any ??? or need info, feel free to PM.

Jerry

·
Just Killin' Time Till Summer
1,258 Posts
DooNH said:
That first pic there is too darn cute. She looks like she know's what she's doing! Nice job!

[snapback]692064[/snapback]​
She was driving on her own by this time
only took about an hour on the rope, she took to it like a duck to water

our 4 year old however is still tied on.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the info CustomRev. I have looked for a used one for a while now and you are right, they are real tough to find. Seems like when I do find one, it is either trashed, or they want enough for it that I would just get a new one.

A BRP DS90 will be passed down to her a year from now, but I think that may be alittle big even then, so I am looking for something to get her thru at least one and maybe two summers.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts