Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Snowtard
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DUANE -- A Bombay man was killed Saturday when he struck a tree while driving a snowmobile.

Lawrence J. LaBarr, 55, was operating a snowmobile near Route 14 in Duane at about 4:45 p.m. when he drove into a tree and was killed, Malone-based State Police reported Saturday night.

Route 14 is a road designated for snowmobile travel, but State Police were still working late Saturday night to determine if LaBarr had been traveling on or off of the road.

An autopsy of LaBarr's body will be performed today at Alice Hyde Medical Center in Malone.

The investigation is continuing and more information is expected, State Police said.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
autopsies are sick and so are the people that perform them... Unless it is a murder and cannot be solved I don't see the point in carving a person's brain out of their skull and slicing it on a meat slicer. You can just imagine if that is what these people enjoy doing for work what they do when they go home

·
Registered
294 Posts
We were at the meecham lake inn when people came up to us when we were leaving saying there had been a bad accident up the trail. we tokk a bypass to go around the accident. It is to bad to hear that the accident resulted in a fatality. There were a lot of people on the trails yesterday an not so great snow conditions. I heard they were air lifting somebody out of Cranberry lake this morning.

·
Snowtard
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ZXR,
I lso read that a rider went through the ice and died. It is posted on Charlies Inn website....

·
Registered
10,886 Posts
i was at charlies yesterday, 80 miles, mostly good but loose snow and blinding for the guy 50 ft behind you. i can undestand why people were mangled yesterday...there were lots of morons out, not as bad as tug hill but when my girlfreind was dooing 45 on the main trail, 5 polaris' passed her and nearly ran her off the trail....i ended up seeing them at a junction, POUNDING BEERS! so i said screw it and walked over to em. i asked if when you bought them sleds did you have to take a course on driving like an ahole! they all just looked at me, i figured, here we go...they laughed...i walked away, pretty "edit for bad language".
if we had good snow in ny the aholes would be more spread out and not confined to the hill or charlies

1 - 7 of 7 Posts