Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, my 2005 renegade x 800 3300 miles the inside crank bearing let go apperently into everything. need crank cylinders, head, pistons

just want to say what a quality product you make go ski doo

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
OK, well this is about #10 of what, a half million or more of these motors that are out there and now rotax makes junk motors?...

It was probably operator error anyways...

Like running low octane gas and not running XP-S oil

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
are you saying this is operator fault?

lets get this straight how many people have blown up their 800 'S

i think that a good product should last 3000 miles and one year right?

i dont think so, people pay 10,000 dollars for something to last a year - ski doo what a joke

·
Registered
477 Posts
No its DO. DOs fault for trying to run these moters so LEAN! Actually we should be blaming the tree huggers. Yes these DOO moters are a joke.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Ripcord said:
No its DO. DOs fault for trying to run these moters so LEAN! Actually we should be blaming the tree huggers. Yes these DOO moters are a [email protected] joke.
[snapback]730469[/snapback]​
Finally a couple of regular guys who can be "edit for bad language" about their things blowing up, and blaming DOO for it, I didn't want to go out and say it, I was kinda lyin' in the weeds, but I must agee. They are trying to run 'em too lean, everybody wants fuel milege and they are launching, darn it I like your thoughts! I waiting all night for these responses! TOO MUCH MONEY TO BE SPENT ON THESE TO BE DOING THIS IN THE FIRST YEAR, had others and this never happened.

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
Don't even kid yourself...........Seen plenty a liberty 800 go down........Check out snowwest.com.........all the guys complain about is the crank bearings going out on there liberty 800's!!!!!!!!!!

·
Mod'n is my thing
6,288 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
My buddy's 05 Blair Morgan 800 blew up with 1200miles on it, then ski doo totally replaced his motor with a brand new one, and he ran it 1500 miles and the rod bearing went, causing piston to hit the head and crack it, and then when it came down it cracked the housing, the whole short block and head and internals on the left side of the motor completely gone, and the recoil side totally perfect, doo said they'd give him $700 towards a short block but he has to pay the rest, $1300!!!! he's done for the year, I think doo should stop making the 800 and bring back the 700 tweaked out a lil, that was the best engine doo made.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
The knock sensor must be a decorative item on these PTK's ??

Is everyone running 91 octane ?
Maybe the timing isn't being pulled back when a lesser fuel is being used and the deto is killing the rods/bearings ???

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Tweener is right, the Poo 800's have had their problems and most of the time it is with the PTO Crank Bearing, mostly on the RMK sleds with very high PTO loads. Polaris dealers all over the country are doing warranty work on these motors for sure, more than any other Poo motor. Lots of time it isn't covered under warranty.

But the SeriesIII motors have problems, lots of problems, and anyone who thinks it's only a small percentage is kidding themselves. Its just a matter of time before its your fault your Seriese III motor blows up.

The big difference with the Poo motor problems is very few Poo rider are out there defending Polaris's junk, quite unlike around here.

The list of problems with the series III isn't getting better, if anything it is getting worse, much worse. Doo's #1 position in sales is going to evaporate just as fast as it appeared if BRP doesn't address this powerplant problem.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have had 2 800`s over the past 5 years and have replaced 6 cranks mostly PTO bearing bad . I have found a fix for this problem . Pull the engine apart at start of every season inspect and replace crank . My last crank is a Adrien Bernard crank and have had no issues .I would not recomend using a Doo crank if need a replacement out of warranty .I agree Doo quality in there engines needs inprovement

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
REV*BARON said:
How bad is your PTEK head? I'm looking for a cheap one with some dings.

Cudney posted pics of the 06 rods coming out the case. He claims he's seen 20 of the Pteks with that problem already.
[snapback]730633[/snapback]​
I am not surprised, i haven't seem my head, i could care less at this point, I've given up.

·
Doo Rider
3,170 Posts
Xteam_rider said:
My buddy's 05 Blair Morgan 800 blew up with 1200miles on it, then ski doo totally replaced his motor with a brand new one, and he ran it 1500 miles and the rod bearing went, causing piston to hit the head and crack it, and then when it came down it cracked the housing, the whole short block and head and internals on the left side of the motor completely gone, and the recoil side totally perfect, doo said they'd give him $700 towards a short block but he has to pay the rest, $1300!!!! he's done for the year, I think doo should stop making the 800 and bring back the 700 tweaked out a lil, that was the best engine doo made.
[snapback]730635[/snapback]​
If it was under warranty why would DOO not fix it again???? Something doesnt sound right. Why would they offer him $700.

Sounds to me like the dealer had something to do with that,,not DOO!!!!

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Rev Kev said:
I must Knock on Wood
Have 3800 Miles on My 800HO. I use a bit mote oil than most, (up to 1/2 Qt More) Per Tank of Gas, But the way I look at it, Oil is Cheap (even at $34 per Gal) and I seem to have no ill affects from using more oil, Never Foul Plugs, Raves Clean. Oil Ratio is about 32:1 on my last calculations.
[snapback]730766[/snapback]​
I gotta tell ya, thats not a bad thing @ all, my buddys '04 800 Morgan eats oil and gas, 9,000 miles on it, belts and plugs only it's whole life!

·
Registered
26 Posts
ViperER said:
yup its probably doos fault...

[snapback]730440[/snapback]​
06MXZXRenegade800 said:
OK, well this is about #10 of what, a half million or more of these motors that are out there and now rotax makes junk motors?...

It was probably operator error anyways...

Like running low octane gas and not running XP-S oil
[snapback]730442[/snapback]​
Brand Loyal guys are to much!
These motors have issues. Mine has gone down and my buddies has gone down twice, both are 06's. It has spoiled 2 trips and has cost us alot of out of pocket $$$$. Just remember one thing, they run good untill they blow.

Yes other manufactures have there issues also, IMO they all need to get a better. This is one of the most exspensive sports out there and it is short, don't need to be down when the snow is on the ground.

·
Registered
937 Posts
WELL, IM GLAD TO SEE OTHERS -

WE SHOULD NOT BE PAYING THIS MUCH FOR SLEDS FOR THEM TO BE ONE YEAR OLD {OUT OF WARRENTY} AND THEY BLOW UP

MY SLED WAS RUNNING LIKE IT NEVER EVEN HAPPEND TOO - COMPRESSION WAS AT 145 AND I RIPPED IT APART DO TO A CRUCHED SPARK PLUG LAST TIME I RODE

05 800X + F250 DIESEL + INCLOSED TRAILER- NOT BEING ABLE TO RIDE A ONE YEAR OLD SLED DO TO SKI DOO- PRICELESS

1 - 20 of 77 Posts