Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off in 2010 I lost my 600 etec motor with 2k in Canada which cost me a bunch getting home.
it was the crank. Long story short I was told the 600 was revised from the 09's so I got me a new 600 XRS. this past weekend she blew up again with 2k...REALLY!!! I always run brp semi syn oil and my sled are tip top shape. Im waited to hear from the dealer on what caused the engine but it looks to be the same thing. Also a close friend lost his 600 etec motor too with 3k??? To be honest id expect it from the 800 due to the recall but not the 600. In 03 I rebuilt a 600ho with 3k for a crank issue to... Time an time again doo has let me down an my XRS was $12k an im pissed. My question is anyone else having issues?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yup,2 cranks in my 04,costly repairs on my 10 etec so far, now my wife's 600 etecs motor went this weekend. About ready to walk away from skidoo

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I feel ya, what years your wifes? my problem is ive been a doo rider since 95 an I love the sleds but if you cant ride them what good is it....

·
Registered
224 Posts
Had a 2010 600x e tec crank went at less than 2000 miles P.O.S. Then purchased a 2011 800 e tec xrs 4000 mmiles and no probs and no rebuild .I ll bring it in for rebuild and I m sure they will screw something up.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
That sucks. The two 09 600 eteks we had in the rental/tour fleet were bomber. Had one crank go @ 9,000 miles, can't complain about that too much. Other than a couple electrical glitches they were great.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Really...your complaint that a race sled broke down ?? Really?
Did u happen to see the X in front of the RS...Really? in case u didn't know its got a plain jane 600 trail engine in it and you clearly don't know what an etech is either because the topic says "another etech bits the dust" which r not in race sleds but thxs for wasting my time, Really.

·
Premium Member
27,910 Posts
Skidoo two failures without anyone having found the cause is a crappy place to be in. I say this because the crank is not a cause. Something caused the crank to fail, and it caused a second failure. Who is inspecting this second failure, same dealer or are they sending it to BRP for a full out inspection? I would not allow just anyone to open-up an engine just because it is under warranty, especially not the second time around. That is a WOT. A sled that I paid out of my own pocket belongs to me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts