Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

Announcement: Photo Gallery Changing -

270 Views 11 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  SkidooSteve12
The DOOTalk.com Photo Gallery software will be changing on 10-7-2006. We will be leaving the current photo gallery available through 10-15-2006.

If you don't have a copy of your DOOTalk gallery pictures on your computer, please be sure to download your pics from the gallery before this date.

The new DOOTalk.com gallery will be the same product that we are now using on Can-AmTalk.com and Sea-DooTalk.com and is more integrated with the forum features.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but we believe this will be a better product for our site members.
Okay, granted getting copies of your pictures you want to save and then reloading them back into a new gallery will be a chore, BUT what about all of the posts that every DooTalker has made that just linked the web URL of his/her picture in his/her gallery to that post? These are all going to be blank after the current photo gallery is removed after 10/15/2006 right??
OUCH..... it is going to be a pain to go back and replace the new URL for each image in each post.
See less See more
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
I hear ya Steve!
I've already went and saved my 400+ photos to my pc...
See less See more
so for use computer dumbarse's - we are screwed?
revdog said:
[snapback]913579[/snapback]​
Just have Matt fix your pictures while you fix his sled.

But yeah.... no easy way to fix this one.
See less See more
G
Hopefully it's an easier upload feature. It took forever to get the pictures on there that I have now.
bump
SkidooSteve12 said:
hem back into a new gallery will be a chore, BUT what about all of the posts that every DooTalker has made that just linked the web URL of his/her picture in his/her gallery to that post? These are all going to be blank after the current photo gallery is removed after 10/15/2006 right??
OUCH..... it is going to be a pain to go back and replace the new URL for each image in each post.
[snapback]913514[/snapback]​
You are correct, those will break. Unfortunately I don't think I have a great solution for this.

The current photo gallery is a product that I have seriously modified to make it seem 'integrated' with the rest of the forum software, though it is not. For some reason, folks have found it a bit of a challenge to use at times and it lacks some of the features that people have asked for. It is also a hassle to move it because it has an odd security scheme that often does not transfer well between servers.

I will do some investigation on whether or not I can pull over the images from the old gallery and keep the links intact. However, There will be no way to access those images via the current album interface. Also, any links to a complete album, vs to a picture, will NOT work.

We're experiencing some growing pains. We are doing everything we can to continually provide a fun, informative, and reliable site. Unfortunately the growing process has been a bit painful.

-Craig
revdog said:
[snapback]913579[/snapback]​
Right click save as......... get busy its really easy and I am not a computer wiz
still type 1 letter at a time!
See less See more
Thanks Craig. I kinda figured this was the case. Just wanted to bring it to the attention of everyone so they don't freak out and ask a million questions (and whine a lot) when the current photo gallery disappears and a ton of pics in the posts don't work anymore.
See less See more
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.