Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw what I thought was the latest show and now Chip Foose took another Guy the head painter, Is this True whats going on up there... Is Boyed closing his doors?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Who else has Chip Foose taken? I think they both build nice cars but after seeing what kind of edit for bad language Boyd is I guess I don't feel bad. I had a boss like Boyd once, after five dedicated years I told him to F^&* off and went to work for the competition. Happy ever since...

·
Registered
426 Posts
Best of luck to Charlie. People like Boyd, expect everyone to do as they say and to never question. I respect Boyd for his reputation and the business he runs. But pulling the friend card is bulledit for bad language. Boyd just uses people as means to the end.

Charlie is obviously extremely talented as what he does and Boyd just worked the "edit for bad language" out of him. Getting twice as much work, for half the cost. Just like the majority of business environments today. No loyalty from the employer. Then rightfully so, no loyalty from the employees. Management is the only sector that benefits from this environment. Large yearly wage increases, bonuses and the "golden parachute".

The wife works for a telecom company locally. Just let the president go, well he "resigned". Being payed for 18 months @ a total to the company of $500,000. He isn't the only executive either. Then to top it off, they layed off some of the data/inside people on Thursday. No common deciency to pay Fridays wage. Watch your back, nobody else is....

·
Registered
47 Posts
iwaREV said:
Who else has Chip Foose taken? I think they both build nice cars but after seeing what kind of edit for bad language Boyd is I guess I don't feel bad. I had a boss like Boyd once, after five dedicated years I told him to F^&* off and went to work for the competition. Happy ever since...
[snapback]280767[/snapback]​
I agree that guy Boyd and his shop Manager are the two most annoying pair I've ever seen. I've watched one show and that was it because I just can't stand the sight of them.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can understand working major hours for a project here and there but these guys get pounded with work week after week to make boyds wallet bigger, I hope he goes under and Foose Runs the show!!

Still nothing tops Home town O.C.C

·
Registered
561 Posts
Foose use to be the President of "Hotrods by Boyd". When the 2 parted ways and Foose started "Foose Design" there was some obvious bad blood between them.

Jessie James also use to work for Boyd.

You would think Boyd would learn not to be such a edit for bad language to his workers and maybe some of them will stick around.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
There are forums on Discovery.com where you can find alot of info about OCC and American Hot rod, pretty cool to follow!

New episoids of OCC next week and for the next few weeks. I got some pics of a few of the bikes coming up..pretty cool!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Chip Foose also has a new show called OveHauling. I saw Charley on it painting up one of the rigs. I think Chip seems alot nicer to deal with then Boyd. Maybe Boyd should start building again and see how difficult all these short deadlines are. It's easy for him to say we can do it, when he no longer turns wrenches. Chip is the type of guy who gets right in and works with the guys.

·
2011 RMK PRO 155
8,136 Posts
I was glad to see that ungeatefull fat a$$ Bluebear go, and Duane is a D!ck to everyone he Meets, but Sad to See Cherley Go, but Happy to see Chip Foose pick him up, but The OCC boys are the best, but speaking of Painters, what happened to Justin, boy he must have really "edit for bad language" Sr. Off, Now I see they are back Using Nub as their Painter.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Yeah Boyd is a penny pincher for sure. A buddy of mine sent him $1000 or so worth of Neon signs that he ordered from him and he has yet to get the money from it. That was over 1 1/2 yrs ago. He called and talked to him numerous times about it and he said he sent the check. My buddy asks if he has ever seen it cashed on his account and boyd starts going off about something else. I think he has finally given up.
OCC is a great show. I dont watch it for the bikes though, cause I think they are junk and cheap made. How much money can I bet that next weeks new bike will have rea bar (-spelling?) on it some where?????
I just like how they all get along so well.

·
Registered
511 Posts
you guys have obviously had more time to keep up on these series. if in fact charlie now works for chip foose, thats is freakin cool!!!!! congrats to that guy who seemed like a nice guy who works hard......now about boyd coddington...that guy is a puke and half the time i think hes so lazy or really doesn't know what hes doing.......if in fact that fata$$ BLUEBEAR is gone, that is music to my ears because the kid is the most cocky ungratful fata$$ ive ever seen. worse attitude with a young kid that was cought on tape and showed to millions of people. i can guarntee if he and i worked together and he treated me the way he did he would have been on his back because i would have knocked his head off. gooddaye 10-4
Brett

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think Blue Bear's attitude cam from the environment he worked in. He worked there since he was 18 and has been treated like a piece of sh&% ever since, so what do you expect with Duane barking at you every ten minutes. Your attitude would go south just like his. Boyd is a complete "edit for bad language". Duane is even worse yet.

The guy wyho sold him the neon lights should go out to his shop to take them back. Just make sure its on a day when they are taping a new episode so everyone can see what an idiot Boyd is.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I dont know if I would buy a boyd car these days. they seem to be slapped together and when they ran the 65 mustang it sounded so out of tune it was sick! I am glad to see charlie go to foose. both stand up guys and the next riddler is coming from that pair. as for bluebear, his car was 10x better than boyds! it had the LOOK that they were after. but if he was smart he would have boxed the rails ( it IS right for period cars anyway) and OCC, the only reason I watch is for the yelling LOL I see you can but thier bikes at wal mart now in the lego section. they are snap and click builders..........real builders are indian larry RIP and all the other true craftsmen who bend steel and create. not order from catalogs.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I noticed a couple of weeks ago, that Boyds` former machinist Mike is also working for Chip. (the guy that had the bad accident on the salt flats with the messed up jaw and face) Im glad to see him there too.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I met Chip at the Detroit car show last year. That guy rocks! you would have thought I was talking to one of my friends. Really down to earth, he was just walking around talking to everyone. I just got back from teh SEMA show last month and seen Foose again same deal, super cool. OverHaulin was doing a show again at outside of the SEMA show. Charlie was there painting didnt talk to him but he seems cool. The one kid that helps with paint Beetle Balie (sp) from Boyds is now working for Foose as well as Mikey Boyds old machinist. Body was there the first we got there he had a yellow vette in the show and someone we were with tried to talk to him and he just acted like he didnt have time to talk. Boyds wife seemed to be talking with eveyone.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts