Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive decided on a 7x23' inline and have been looking around and It's down to two trailers for me....an all aluminum Amera-Lite or an all aluminum Stealth Predator. They both look like really nice trailers and are in my budget. They both have similar options as well. Does anyone own either of these trailers and if, how do you like them??

·
Registered
685 Posts
The Ameri looks like a nice trailer.

The dealer I purchased my NEO from sells both. He told me unequivically the NEO is the better built trailer and their factory service, if needed, is the best. A fellow rider from Ohio loaned his NEO to a friend who forgot to latch the front door. It came open and was ripped off the trailer. They took it to the factory who got them in and quickly made repairs. The owner told me you cannot even tell it was ever damaged.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Ameri looks like a nice trailer.

The dealer I purchased my NEO from sells both. He told me unequivically the NEO is the better built trailer and their factory service, if needed, is the best. A fellow rider from Ohio loaned his NEO to a friend who forgot to latch the front door. It came open and was ripped off the trailer. They took it to the factory who got them in and quickly made repairs. The owner told me you cannot even tell it was ever damaged.
They both look really good....the stealth looks better in my opinion. The Ameralite has a full finished interior with a 4' helmet cabinet where the stealth only has the walls finished and no cabinet. The thing I like is that the stealth comes standard with two fuel doors and the Ameralite only comes with one. Looks like the stone guard on the front of the stealth is quite a bit larger than the Ameralite. The stealth looks like it has more led running lights on it as well.....not a big deal I know but when it's dark and snowing and blowing it's nice to have the extra lights.

·
Premium Member
8,089 Posts
Tough choices.

I had a 2007 Stealth...Zero issues

My friend still has his 2007 Amerlite...Also zero issues.

I guess in your case it would come down to service and warranty.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,089 Posts
If you get ski guides--Be sure and get the grip glides. The regular ones are smooth and you will slip and fall. I fell twice and broke my arm both times.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah they get slick don't they....had them on my open deck and will definitely use the grip slides on my next trailer.

I'm thinking about only doing the front ramp since that's the only spot that the sleds have to climb an incline....my experience with the open decks is that the only time the track slips is on the up ramp....once your on level surface or going down the wood holds up decent. What are everyone's thoughts? Anyone only do grips and mats on the front ramp?

Not to mention... it is quite costly to outfit an entire trailer with glides and mats...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I just ordered grip slides and the curved pieces for mine I have the smooth slides and mats throughout the trailer. Right now I'm only replacing the ramps. I found Amazon to be the least expensive. Free shipping

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Just make sure they both have 16" on center wall, ceiling and floor beams. Not that you compare 24" oc to 16" oc. My Amerilite came 16" oc.

·
life is short, live long
29,081 Posts
Just make sure they both have 16" on center wall, ceiling and floor beams. Not that you compare 24" oc to 16" oc. My Amerilite came 16" oc.
This is what is in my stealth. I think its the only way to go.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
I have a Stealth Predator that I use for hauling my summer toys. Excellent trailer but as others have already stated check the spec's on the build sheet there are many upgrades that make a base Stealth a completely different trailer from an upgraded model.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:366777]

Here it is with some of the summer toys loaded up!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Very happy with my Stealth.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts