Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, brought my new sled down to the lake, did fantastic. Ran ski to ski with a new apex gt, and a clutched and piped 03 F7. Neither sled is a joke, but the ski doo ran hard and stuck with them, all very close to dead even. Perfect match up. The only sled that really pulled away good was a 06 mach z.

But then it siezed up on the ride home we dragged it onto the trailer, hopefully the dealer can get it fixed soon.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Nope, I had to have mine trailered out this weekend. 130 miles into the ride (luckily real close to home) it seemed like I fouled a plug. No seizure just a wet plug. Change the plug and it is still firing on one cylinder. 10 hours 10 minutes and 298 miles, so I think it is either a carb or fuel map issue. Was right near the rode and was able to limp it onto the trailer. At least the riding is nothing special around here.

Good luck with getting your sled back soon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pocketace said:
Nope, I had to have mine trailered out this weekend. 130 miles into the ride (luckily real close to home) it seemed like I fouled a plug. No seizure just a wet plug. Change the plug and it is still firing on one cylinder. 10 hours 10 minutes and 298 miles, so I think it is either a carb or fuel map issue. Was right near the rode and was able to limp it onto the trailer. At least the riding is nothing special around here.

Good luck with getting your sled back soon.
[snapback]686846[/snapback]​

·
Registered
207 Posts
My 06 yesterday evening at the end of a 300 mile trip, 2 miles from home. Luckily though only 200 yards from a bar.

·
Super Moderator
29,356 Posts
Too many oil pumps set too low...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Interesting you think the oil pump is set to low. Just reached the 300 mile mark this weekend and decided to replace the plugs. I suspected they would be nice and black from the extra oil in the 1st tank of gas. To my surprise they were "light brown". Seems to be running a bit lean for a 2 cycle or am I incorrect? I will be calling the dealer in the morning!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Actually my plugs were on the darker side. I have used about 1 gallon of oil too which would give me a ratio of 25:1. So if anything I think I am running rich. We will see when the shop gets a hold of it.

You win some you lose some when you buy mechanical stuff. Have to take the good with the bad.

·
Fanny
2,449 Posts
PootoDoo Posted Yesterday, 09:08 PM
My 06 yesterday evening at the end of a 300 mile trip, 2 miles from home. Luckily though only 200 yards from a bar.
It was a sign! The skidoo only wanted to help you have a relaxing evening of drinking while it rested up for some real big snow.

·
Registered
443 Posts
BRUTEDOO said:
well, brought my new sled down to the lake, did fantastic. Ran ski to ski with a new apex gt, and a clutched and piped 03 F7. Neither sled is a joke, but the ski doo ran hard and stuck with them, all very close to dead even. Perfect match up. The only sled that really pulled away good was a 06 mach z.

But then it siezed up on the ride home we dragged it onto the trailer, hopefully the dealer can get it fixed soon.
[snapback]686813[/snapback]​
how many miles?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
around a 150. pulled the plugs, they were bright white. plenty of oil in the resevoir. maybe its the carb boot problem i have seen posted on this board, or the oil pump was set too low. I will let every one know the verdict.

G

·
hey guys ! wow i am pretty amazed by these threads,.........you guys blow your engine on a brand new machine that cost you 10k............ you are far a bigger man than i am...no doubt. i would flip the frig out if i roasted an engine in one day. then i would cry.............like a baby. man perhaps i just expect more from a manufactured product. id be picketing brp everyday.........til they smarten up. theyre products used to be reliable, somebody please explain to me what happened to brp. they all cant be built on fridays. so what causes this issue of seizure and crank failure. thanx

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Are you guys bending your brackets on your oil pumps to get more adjustment? I ran out of adjustment {only 3 threads} and am still using to much oil. I am curious if any of these 06 problems have had oil adjusted from dealer or them self and what kinds of oil being used.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts