Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started up my snowmachine yesterday since before the kuskokwim broke up last winter. Had to see if it still ran, because was seeing a lot of snow fall on the horn mountains the otherday and a nice frost on the mountains around it.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just got paid for renting out my outboard motor & boat to help push up a barge on the kuskokwim river, along with working on the deck with some things. 3 days worth and going to have 3k coming my way in a few days.

Im thinking im going to get my 800r in top condition this year
Any ideas on what would be worth putting on my 800r? Or at least changing?

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like where that RPM skidplate belly/drive train is placed on the machines. Can't make up my mind on about dual ring pistons, Should i get them or no? if so, from who?

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol looks like my pay check is going to be for fixing my cylinders, new pistons, a new head, and possibly a new crank lol. probably over 4k in damage eh? thats what i think its going to be around. Going to wait till i have my machineback and running before i order anything else.

·
Registered
431 Posts
u can get a shortblock for under 2 grand so how can it run u 4 grand to fix it? as for the cylinders just get replated cylidners from millenium if ur only gonna do the topend but if ur gonna do the crank and everything else why not go for a shortblock??? the cylinders are nikasil coated i know u thought they were sleaved from readin ur other posts but they aren't so there's really not gonna be much of an advantage to giving ur dealer almost 1000 bucks for monoblock cylinders when they can be had for less than half that, but really if ur plannin on fixin that much stuff get a shortblock from cv tech or ur dealer if he can get u a good deal on one...

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Whats the difference in a short block? And what comes with the short block. Would i have to adjust my oil pump settings so it doesn't use to much or to little?

I get my stuff from Alaska Mining and Diving.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just called them, they said for the short block it would be about 3100$. Asked about a rebuild for my old crank, 1100$, Didn't ask about a stock new crank, pistons, and cylinders.

Ill stop by AMD next week, when ill be in anchorage, will be bringing my motor just in case if i want to go with them having to fix up my current engine.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Whats the difference in a short block? And what comes with the short block. Would i have to adjust my oil pump settings so it doesn't use to much or to little?

I get my stuff from Alaska Mining and Diving.
Short block includes :
• Crankcase
• Pistons
• Crankshaft
• Cylinder
• Gasket set
• Top end bearing

cv tech short block

also check with amds about brp's shortblock program... i prefer dealing with team cc wasilla over amds myself...

·
Registered
743 Posts
Alright, looks like ill be getting the short block. Ill ask about the program as well with some other questions i have, when i go and buy/order it from AMD. I kinda like to stick with AMD, since not just me, but my whole family gets things from them.

whats your .02 on what went wrong with my motor akminer? I did drown it in spring 2010. Could that have been the case? Also i was hearing some slight knocking when i started it up this year, thought it was the clutch, could it have been my crank? (i could move the rod a good half inch to either side)

Used it the day before it burnt a piston and it wouldn't run on the regular br9ecs sparkplugs, had to put the br9ecsix in it just so it wouldn't sound like it was hitting on 1 cylinder.

~edit~ fixxed a typo i had. lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts