Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
While riding single passenger, no load, across a frozen lake covered with three feet of medium density snow, full throttle, 7K RPM, 50 MPH, for three or four minutes, all the pilot (warning/idiot) lights blinked once, and the RPM and speedometer rolled back to zero. I can't remember exactly if the engine lost power or if I let off the throttle, but after bouncing off the bottom, the needles resumed normal operation, the pilot lights extinguished, and the sled operated normally, although I continued my journey at a slightly reduced throttle setting.

Was this a transitory electronic hiccup or was I asking too much of the machine?

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
2,665 Posts
What year machine? Some of the ~15-16 machines had an issue with gauge grounding. Extended WOT is not a problem for the machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
223 Posts
Did the machine switch modes by itself or did you manually hit the switch and continue? If the machine switched modes and you lost power for a quick second then your "run" relay is bad change it out and good to go. If the gauge just reset you need the grounding ring that goes on the gauge. If machine is still under warranty you can get the grounding ring for free.

·
Registered
565 Posts
While riding single passenger, no load, across a frozen lake covered with three feet of medium density snow, full throttle, 7K RPM, 50 MPH, for three or four minutes, all the pilot (warning/idiot) lights blinked once, and the RPM and speedometer rolled back to zero. I can't remember exactly if the engine lost power or if I let off the throttle, but after bouncing off the bottom, the needles resumed normal operation, the pilot lights extinguished, and the sled operated normally, although I continued my journey at a slightly reduced throttle setting.

Was this a transitory electronic hiccup or was I asking too much of the machine?

Thank you.
Here's skidoos fix to your problem.

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/topic/1256377-dash-light-and-meters-900-swt/

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/topic/1266961-what-part-is-needed-to-perform-bulletin-2014-9-cluster-ground-ring/

·
Registered
885 Posts
Sounds like the grounding issue to me. My 15 didn't get the update and still occasionally does this, albeit very rarely. I doesn't hurt the machine in any way...just gets on your nerves. For me, it's kinda like that bit of plaster on the wall in the basement that I never painted. Look at it long enough and it disappears!! As for running WOT and asking too much of this engine, I can say with much authority that even after hours of WOT, full brake, WOT, full brake etc it will not so much as hiccup. Continues to purr like a pussycat. Do not worry about this engine...it can take any abuse you throw at it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you biglandrider for reassurance on WOT use, and yes other provided threads confirm grounding issue. As long as it is not harming the machine I think I'll go with DFW.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank all who have replied. My dealer was clueless. I am now comfortable that I have the right solution, should I elect to do it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts