Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Hey Nikolai, Can I come over and play ? It will take me longer than Friday to get there though. I would love to try your style of riding sometime, the pics posted on these threads are just awesome. Doo2

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Lets ride friday. I was up on Pioneer ridge yesterday. 3 feet of snow up high. Lots of small natural release avalanches on the steeper slopes. PM me if you are interested.

Mark

·
Highlife says: "UpAndOver Baby!"
1,281 Posts
MR J said:
Lets ride friday. I was up on Pioneer ridge yesterday. 3 feet of snow up high. Lots of small natural release avalanches on the steeper slopes. PM me if you are interested.

Mark
[snapback]704593[/snapback]​
Where is that, in Hatchers?

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Knik River valley. I am at mile 5 Knik River road. Trail to the riding takes off out my back door, literally. Pioneer ridge goes east from Pioneer Peak. It overlooks the valley and the glacier. Near sea level to 5000 feet.

Mark

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Nikolai, Sweet sled! Please post how you like the dimond drive in your sled. What did you end up running for shocks in the rear? I'm still waiting to get my panels as they are almost finished being painted.
05SDI

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really like the Diamond Drive. It's very smooth, still accelerates quickly, good belt wear so far. I just have some clutching left in the secondary to figure out. Of course it helps my sled is light and stupid easy to thow around. Overall, I'm extremely pleased with how it turned out, I've yet to ride a sled that was more fun "all around".

Rear shocks are stock 03 440 shocks.

·
Registered
316 Posts
You guys still riding? I am riding on Sat, but no one has off on friday but me. Where are you riding? I live in Palmer and could pick up if need be. I have a 6 place or a 2 place.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
pleasesnow said:
You guys still riding? I am riding on Sat, but no one has off on friday but me. Where are you riding? I live in Palmer and could pick up if need be. I have a 6 place or a 2 place.
[snapback]706932[/snapback]​
Still planning on riding if this current storm doesn't start producing gobs of rain. PM me if you are interested. If it warms to much the avalanche danger may become extreme. A snowshoer was killed yesterday in an avalanche on flattop. The avalanche dogs found him hours later. Wear your beacons everybody.

Mark

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yep, and two more avys closed the highway from Girdwood to Seward 'till noon tomorrow! You guys be careful if you doo Turnagain this weekend.

hickster

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Nikolai said:
I'll have my beacon, and I think we should do a alittle practicing (for my sake). On a side note, I climb very very little. Mostly jump and play in the trees.

The weather's looking like it should be decent tomorrow.
[snapback]708114[/snapback]​
Wierd thing is I just did an avalanche rescue class on flattop last week, go figure. Moose pass has 24 inches and climbing. We'll play with the beacons.

Mark

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Nikolai said:
Is your last name Johnson?
[snapback]708244[/snapback]​
Yes, and my nephew is going to win the Irondog. Too bad he's riding a Poo. Are you a long lost rich uncle?? With money??

·
Highlife says: "UpAndOver Baby!"
1,281 Posts
MR J said:
Knik River valley. I am at mile 5 Knik River road. Trail to the riding takes off out my back door, literally. Pioneer ridge goes east from Pioneer Peak. It overlooks the valley and the glacier. Near sea level to 5000 feet.

Mark
[snapback]705021[/snapback]​
Ok ... I have not done that ride yet .. does it go far enough to see Lake George?

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
High Life said:
MR J said:

Mark
[snapback]705021[/snapback]​
Ok ... I have not done that ride yet .. does it go far enough to see Lake George?
[snapback]708297[/snapback]​
The mountains in between are too steep. Can ride unto the ridge looking down into the very headwaters of goat creek. I would like to know if anyone has ever ridden through the gorge up into Lkae george?

Mark

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Stupid weather. Raining and blowing on the Knik and 40 degrees. Good day to stay home and work on machines. Just heard that boulder creek has 1 1/2 feet of new snow.

Mark

1 - 20 of 22 Posts