Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that we have some snow again, anyone interested in riding Pioneer Ridge tomorrow. We were riding a couple of days ago and I think we can get all the way back to Hunter Creek. The riding and snow conditions are great and it's supposed to be sunny. Start at 1:00 in the afternoon or so. PM me.

Mark

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Irondog said:
Where's Pioneer Ridge?
[snapback]753121[/snapback]​
Knik River valley. The ridge runs East from Pioneer Peak towards the glacier. Hour drive from Anchorage or less if you drive like me. Old Glenn highway towards the Butte, Turn right on Knik River Road, At mile 5 turn right onto Ben Hur and go to the end of the road.

Mark

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
High Life said:
How is the snow up there ... have you heard?
[snapback]754234[/snapback]​
5-6 feet or more total. 6 to 14 inches powder. It's the go anywhere kinda snow. The last wind storm created cool drifts and filled in a lot of the small valleys and divots.

Mark

·
Highlife says: "UpAndOver Baby!"
1,281 Posts
MR J said:
High Life said:
How is the snow up there ... have you heard?
[snapback]754234[/snapback]​
5-6 feet or more total. 6 to 14 inches powder. It's the go anywhere kinda snow. The last wind storm created cool drifts and filled in a lot of the small valleys and divots.

Mark
[snapback]754237[/snapback]​
I am on the slope now but I would join you just to check it out ... I like to explore new areas. Maybe another time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
mr j --new member. right up the road from you--awesome day for a ride--let me know if you still plan on going today-shoot me an email-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts