Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
there is alot of us here so now its time to ride i'm free this weekend and ready to go this side of hatchers is windblown but i'm sure we could find some good snow if we try youall let me know we can leave from my house

·
Registered
347 Posts
defanitly up for ridin this weekend,it suppost to snow but im not holdin my breath.is it just me or is jackie(purcell) allways wrong? which day is better sat or sun, both? ill pm you w/ my # give a call or email me.L8R donnie

·
Registered
154 Posts
I got my shocks back and just need to install them. Let me know what day you are planning to ride. Sat or Sun is good for me.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I am on the Slope and cannot join you

Have fun and post some pics!!! Tell me where you find good snow. I was in Hatcher's on the Willow side about 2 weeks ago...snow was great and very deep!!

Alaskan

·
Registered
670 Posts
i wish i could go too. but on the bright side i will at hatchers pass next weekend doing the avalanche training and i am really looking forward to that. Alaskan when are coming back from the slope? Sat i am going to a BBQ and sun i will go for a ride but it will be in the local area, not sure where yet. every one have a good time this weekend.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hatchers pass.... Is that on the Wasilla side of the Igloo or is that at the Igloo? Sounds like a long trip to be making solo. If there are more people interested from the Fairbanks area let me know. I have a 4 place enclosed, we could all split up the gas or something.

And racnooc, I will be off work tomorrow morning so I'll be able to ride over to your get together. Still around 4:30?

·
Registered
536 Posts
racnooc,

I will not be home until the 8th...sounds like just after you leave the area. Will you be able to ride much while you are down my way?? Sorry I will miss all the fun....again!!!

Ducster, Hatcher's is between Palmer and Willow....not near the igloo.

Have fun on your rides!!

Alaskan

·
Registered
198 Posts
Wow, that far down huh. Definatelty sounds like we need to fill the truck and trailer up with some Fairbanks folks and make a weekend trip sometime then.

·
Registered
121 Posts
so you guys are going riding in hatchers pass on the palmer side on saunday. i was there on the 19th there isnt to much powder left but you guys should have some fun anyway i always do

·
Registered
154 Posts
I just talked to FarmerinAK and I think we have a plan.

We are going to start out on the Willow side of Hatchers and ride around wherever we can find good snow.

Anyone interested in going on this ride should meet at 8:30am at the Texaco in Willow. It is easy to find on the left side of the highway if you're going north.

I am in Anchorage and have an extra spot on my trailer if anyone needs a ride up. PM me here or give me a call on my cell at 244-1324. My name is Steve.

·
Registered
154 Posts
We will have more meets this season. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone in person.

Remember, if your in Anchorage and need a ride, I have an extra spot on the trailer. I'm going to head out of town by 7:30.

·
Registered
154 Posts
farmerinak said:
i'm truely sorry about sunday i was at hospital allnite with a sick kid lets try again
[snapback]296592[/snapback]​
I hope your kid is feeling better. We will definitely have to have some more rides.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Alaskan said:
I am on the Slope and cannot join you

Have fun and post some pics!!! Tell me where you find good snow. I was in Hatcher's on the Willow side about 2 weeks ago...snow was great and very deep!!

Alaskan
[snapback]287879[/snapback]​
whats the slope?

·
Registered
151 Posts
[snapback]287879[/snapback]​
[/quote]
whats the slope?
[snapback]297459[/snapback]​
[/quote]

It's the northern most part of Alaska on the "North Slope" of the Brooks range. It's the gradual downward slope of the land from the Brooks Range to the Arctic Ocean. I don't know where the nick name originated, but thet's what people who work in the oil fields in Deadhorse, Prudhoe Bay and Kuparuk call it "The Slope".

05SDI, Alaskan and I all work on the "Slope" doing 2+2 week shifts.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts