Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, What kind of airbox mod do you recommend (if any) for a ported and piped 800 rev?
Thanks in advance

·
734 Power
2,600 Posts
Keep it stock, they flow plenty

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Rev X

·
Mod'n is my thing
6,288 Posts
Not true for a ported motor. My 830 ran 159HP without the airbox and only 154HP with it on (after rejetting to lean it out). I am running the airbox, but added a snorkel from the box up to where the temp gauge mounts using a 2" SLP prefilter on the pod.
I'll post some pics in a few days.

Don't run the TPI's or SLP filters on the box where they draw in hot air from under the hood.

I'm adding EGT's to watch temps.

·
734 Power
2,600 Posts
interesting rev baron, never heard of snorkel, I know that the Bondi, and all the other box gagets do not seem to work.....you mind posting some pics of your setup?

·
Just the Tip!!
2,509 Posts
K&n's, tip lowboys whatever u use will suck in warm air from the engine, but that doesnt mean u dont have to use them, the tpi valves will give u 3 extra hp on top end thats the only point in time where whatever you use, it will not suck in warm air cause u have a constant flow of air coming underneath your hood, i have them on my 500ss and i noticed alittle more top end mph.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.