Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2012-1200 Grand Touring Special Edition. When I recently was putting a passenger on my sled I went to go into the air suspension mode setting and I got nothing. It will go thru the first 2 settings but the 3rd setting which should show me my suspension setting on my digital display I get nothing. The 20 amp fuse in my fuse box is fine.

·
TriCountyTrail
1,595 Posts
Make sure sled is running.

Push mode button once

Display should blink at current setting use the hand warmer button to increase or decrease setting

You should hear air compressor turn on or air purge out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for replying back. I have used my suspension settings before and know how it operates. The thing here is it wont let me into the settings for it.Its like its not there! So maybe it could be the mode switch or by the compressor there is a electrical module (little black box)which might be toasted???? I am going to try and take my positive post off my battery and see if the computer needs a re-set boot???? I was talking to a computer wiz kid here at work.

·
RPG
2022 Renegade X 900r Turbo
1,216 Posts
Removing and re-installing the positive is a good start. If that doesn't fix it you might want to try unplugging and replugging your multi function guage module. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
#1 rule of working on equipment is remove the NEGATIVE cable first. If you touch your wrench between negative and any metal other than the positive terminal you'll be OK. If you touch wrench and positive to any source of ground you get Bzzzzzzzhhht!

Reactions: fishn majician

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
There are those that claim removing cables resets the ECM. I don't really buy that, but if you do remove both cables and touch together this will drain any remaining "juice" from any capacitors on the boards and should not hurt anything.

Again the negative should always be first off and last on.

·
TriCountyTrail
1,595 Posts
There is a Fuse for the air compressor If it is blown I believe it will not display the settings page.

If you get moisture in pump and it freezes it can blow the fuse.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Friends 2012 GTX SE had this problem, it was the compressor module.
Compressor module as in is the compressor/module all one unit or is there a separate module that controls it?

Seeing the environment and the cases of corrosion in the compressors it would stand to reason that the inlet should be routed up high and filtered and maybe some WD40 prayed on and in the unit prior to storage during the off season.

Kind of a "fog your compressor" type deal

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There is a module that sits off to the side and back of the compressor. It has 3 outlets of wire coming & going into it. Its separate from the compressor. I have not had time to check out the suggestions I have been given. But when I do I will post pictures and let the peeps know the solution to this problem. Thank you to everybody who chimed in to help me. Very much appreciated

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you unplug your compressor and then use jumpers from a 12v external source or your battery that will tell you if your compressor is working

You can do the same with the solenoid on the control valve...take out the 4 screws holding the solenoid to the valve and the use your jumpers to apply power the the solenoid ...you can remove the spring loaded plunger from the solenoid and put a screwdriver in the center... if the screwdriver sticks to the side of the solenoid then your solenoid is good.If your solenoid and compressor are good then chances are your compressor module is shot.You can also check your module by using a meter to check if your control module is sending power to the solenoid or compressor on the respective plugs going to each. Ski-doo must be running for this check and you must change settings using mode/hand warmer switch. Bombardier will sell you a mod for the low price of $495 + tax. Goog luck

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Do you have the compass module??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the feed back! I never resolved the problem as I traded it in....spring ordered a 2015 Renegade X 1200 4tec...luv my ride....got the shock package upgrade kyb 38's and the new front end...its a Cadillac on the trails and a horse in the powder :).....ride safe guys

·
TriCountyTrail
1,595 Posts
Do you know where this fuse would be located on a 2016 Ski doo enduro with the rev xs chasis?
Right side cover panel just above battery in fuse box. (Remove cover) The fuses are labeled on inside of cover.

·
Registered
19 Posts
2014 SkiDoo GSX SE 600 Air Ride Problem

Since brand new my sled has had intermittent issues with the Air Ride Suspension.
Intermittently from the first time I started the sled there would be no number displayed on the dash (from 1 to 5) and/or a "Suspension Fault" error displayed.
The selling dealer told me they could not find the problem and said to bring it back if it did it again. Every year from new it went back to the dealer and every year the dealer found nothing wrong.
Then once it was out of warranty the dealer magically found the issue and told me it was the voltage regulator in the ECM that was faulty. $1160.00 for the part plus labor.
I declined and called BRP who told me to take to another dealer which I did. This second BRP dealer was given all of the service records showing the intermittent issue and the selling dealer's finding that it needed an ECM to fix it.
This second BRP dealer said they found the problem to be a faulty compressor module (part # 515177234) and that it would cost $650.00 to fix.
I paid for the repair and took the sled home. I started my sled up the next day and found the same error: no number displayed on the dash (from 1 to 5) and a "Suspension Fault" error displayed.
I called the dealer and their suggestion is to blow the lines out with air and spray alcohol in them to get rid of the condensation.
Does this sound odd to you?

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Update. See attached BRP bulletin on dim headlights upon starting.

This is what actually caused the "Suspension Fault" on starting as there was not enough voltage to operate any accessories that require 12VDC. See attached ECM Voltage Regulation from the BRP service manual.

The BRP solution is to update the ECM and make the engine idle at 1300 rpm instead of the stock 1150 - 1200 rpm.

Unfortunately for me the BRP dealer I took it to initially told me it was the compressor module and charged me $650 to replace it.

After it did not repair the "Suspension Fault" issue I did my own research and found the attached bulletin. I took my sled back to the dealer with this bulletin.
The BRP dealer updated the ECM as per the BRP bulletin and voila, no more "Suspension Fault'.

The dealer would not reimburse me for the new compressor module that they originally said was the problem. :angry: :angry:

Anyone want to buy a good used compressor module?

UPDATE: After much discussion with BRP customer service and with the dealer, they took the new compressor module back and reimbursed me the price of the part. :dance: :revinmotion:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts