Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 06 ptek 800ho my carb boots are in excellent condition I'm wondering if it's normal when I spray carb cleaner down in boot area sled idles down . Not sure how it's getting into motor boots are tight and new gaskit in intake .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope no spray entering air box inspected each boot with carbs off boots in my hand no cracks or holes to speak of .. I've gone through the weirdest problems with this sled ...

·
Registered
683 Posts
I had troubles with mine leaking at gasket surface, had the bolts spec'd to torque and still was leaking so I ended up using a spray tack along with gasket to get them to seal, but only way I know of that you can confirm that's where it's leaking is by a pressure test on the motor

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I'm gonna tear it down and pressure test it AGAIN. I just had it running and I also got a 3500 rpm high idle it comes down on it own most times but sometimes you have to blurp the throttle . I have the 20 pilots and shim update in my carbs . Maybe the throttle plates or whatever they are called are to worn and need to be recoated with that green stuff they put on them .. IDK..

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well found a leak .. No ripped boots but leaking between gasket and spacer got it fixed no more high idle. Gasket wasn't tore just wouldn't seal had to use some gasket maker on them.. Sleds been a big pita for two seasons ..

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
I didn't trust the cheasy stock plastic doo 800 W reedblock setup and got boyesen alum intakes and no spacer and solid gasket surface with a gasket

1 - 8 of 8 Posts