Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I know your have seen post like this but I can't seem to find a good answer for my sled which is a 2007 summit Xrs. I have been running into air restrictions and a big latly in beep powder. I know there is a few kits out there one from slp and anther for extreme air vents. I just don't know how much they Benifit. And I was looking at them and most of it is just cut a hole in the old intake and make another intak port. So I got to thinking can I make my own has anyone done some stuff like this and do I have to worry about rejecting and such. I want to used the old air box there is on the cards and possible but cut a new hole and have it draw air form a spot on the dash or something like that and if I did what should I doo for a filter. Thanks guys

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
The SLP intake kit works good also but I always ran into air restrictions when using the airbox. I switched to pods when I was N/A and had way better luck.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm thinking about doing a is taking the air box off the side panel and then yes do flexible pipe and some frog ski cicle ports and pipe them into the air box on the carbs

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If I used pods do I need to worry about rejecting and the sensor and hot air

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK does it t make it run leaner and would it help if I made a box around the pods that pull cold air from outside

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
thought about this pods idea for mine, I am replacing the stock box with a new one, cracked it, and seems in 09 it has body panel attached to it, so needed to support panels, also worried about underhood hot air. oh well.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I am putting pods on my 07 ptek rev right now. Most people seem to like it and if you vent the side panels more and the hood more you should have lots of cold air in and good air circulation. An up side to slightly warm air is no carb icing up.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What size filters should I go with idk on what should be ideal I know it needs to be 54 to 56 mm opening but how long, wide

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's what I plan. On doing just trying now to figure out what size the pods need to be

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I just ran a water repellent prefilter cover on my stock foam intake, and ran the SLP intake kit. Never had problems even in 4 feet of handle bar deep snow.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts