Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 1990 ski doo safari I fixed up and it runs great (thanks to forums like this as well as parts and decals on the web). I put the Air Duct Vents on the cowl backwards when I reassembled it. The holes were supposed to be in front like you see in this red model I found on your site (the red one is not mine, they are on correct direction on that sled):

Unlike this picture, I have the holes in the back and those slants are slanting inward, heading more air in (bottom picture is my sled, yellow, with them on backwards). Seems to run fine, had it up to 50. Is this going to be a problem or should I turn them around? Maybe snow or water could get in I guess.

Below (my yellow sled), you can kind of see that I have them on backwards with the holes in the back (P.S. those old reg numbers are no longer on there I have new reg):

Whaddya think - thanks everyone? - Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I would think vents pointing backwards create vacuum and draw hot air out of the engine compartment and the inlet on front would be where the cold air comes in. Assuming this was all carefully designed by bombardier to vent the compartment, pushing air in the wrong way may disrupt that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts