Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help !!! I just bought a 2007 800 ho blizzard with a new crate motor in it with around 500 - 700 miles on it. Riding it this weekend I overheated a few times and as I was checking everything out I noticed a lot of air bubbles in the coolant tank. I brought it home, took the muffler out to get to the bottom hose and noticed the all hose clamps were loose. I tightened them up, bled the system 3 times and I'm still getting air bubbles. Not as many as before but they are still there. I have pressure in the tank but noticed when I rev it up the coolant doesn't drop like it does on my 2007 600 adrenaline and come back up when I let off the throttle. Anyone have any ideas as to what the problem may be ? ( Bad impeller maybe, Head gasket ? ) I don't seam to be loosing any coolant.

Thanks,

Nome Gold Dredger

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The trails were in good condition and my buddy said the snow was swirling in front of the snow flap as it should. When I stopped to take a look and see how the snow was packing in the tunnel it was on the sides and in back of the exchanger. I should mention the this used to be a 121 and is now a 136.

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
The trails were in good condition and my buddy said the snow was swirling in front of the snow flap as it should. When I stopped to take a look and see how the snow was packing in the tunnel it was on the sides and in back of the exchanger. I should mention the this used to be a 121 and is now a 136.
So his sled was not running hot?

Did you jack the front of your sled as high as you could get it when you bled the system?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He has a 2015 switchback and had no overheating issues. I limped the 800 back to camp and broke out the 07 mxz 600 and rode that the rest of the day ( around 70 miles ) and had no issues.

as for the bleeding I took the cap off while it was cold and fired it up letting it idle for around 4 minuets until the exchanger was warm. Then put the cap back on and jacked the back up and brought it to 7000 rpms 4 times and hit the break as it hit 7000 rpm. Then lifted the front a little over 2 feet and let idle for 2 1/2 minuets

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I stretched my 07 600 blizzard to 136. Didn't put a longer cooler on it and on hard pack trails even with scratchers it ran warner than when it was a 121. I did not have an air bubble issue tho. Re bleed the coolant system raise the front up when doing so. Set it down run it then bleed it again.

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
Your new shortblock came with a new impeller.

Do you see water churning around in the bottle when the sled is running?

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Yes mine would get a tad warm on long straight runs at wot or close to wot. The next time you bleed it there should be a bleeder stew on the top if your thermostat housing don't take it all the way out just enough to let the air out when you have nothing but coolant escaping. Tighten it back down

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The person I bought the sled from put the new engine in so not sure if he changed it or not. The sled had around 3500 miles when it blew.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
He said he bought it with the short block already in it with 5-700 miles on it. Good idea on the thermostat check tho. Only gotta take out 2 bolts and lossen a clamp to check if it damaged or if its there in the first place

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I looked for a bleeder screw on the housing but didn't see it. My close up vision isn't what it used to be so I will look again tomorrow with a flashlight.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I did put an extention on the flap so it is only around 4 inches off the ground with me sitting on it. I used an old trunk lid off a rev. Seams to catch the snow well.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry, internet went on the Fritz ..... LOL :laugh_old: I don't drink a lot but might start !!!!!!! Good call on the t-stat. Going to pick one up tomorrow, change and bleed again. Maybe that ones sticking ...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts