Boyesen vs. VForce3
which one do you prefer?
Boyesen1365.00%
VForce3735.00%

·
Profile Creeper
14,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
alright iv been thinkin about putting different reeds in my sled for a long time now and was wondering 1: if they are worth it. and 2: which is the better reed?? so cast your votes and explain your reason please. i really would like some info on this! thanks guys

·
Registered
239 Posts
The rage cages r awsome there's no rubber boot so they outlast vforce. I have them in my 700 and my sled runs awsome and gets great gas mpg I get 2 tanks to my buddies 800 and I run the sled hard... But that's just my thoughs... Both perform the same but for money and not having to worry about torn boots down the road rage out!

·
Profile Creeper
14,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The rage cages r awsome there's no rubber boot so they outlast vforce. I have them in my 700 and my sled runs awsome and gets great gas mpg I get 2 tanks to my buddies 800 and I run the sled hard... But that's just my thoughs... Both perform the same but for money and not having to worry about torn boots down the road rage out!
iv heard that the vforce3's boots break down and tear fairly fast so thats one reason for this topic. thanks for the info!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I prefer Boyesen because of the metal over rubber but this is what I've read so far comparing the two:

VForce are used in some of the top racing sleds and provide more power over boyesen on stock motors. Boyesen are suppose to outshine the VForce in modded motors.

Like I said, thats what I've read (Not experienced) I will say this: In all the jet skis, dirtbikes, atv and sleds......stock reeds will outlast aftermarket. I've seen it about 25+ times so I'm fairly certain it isn't just me.

With that being said, I say Boyesen.

PS: I haven't read too much about Vforce boots cracking badly, rubber will crack but I've read about people getting 4 seasons out of them
:

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Oh I almost forgot! I've read where Vforce can get away with stock jetting where Boyesen recommends leaning out 1 to 3 jets because the reeds make the motor run rich. Just more info for you

·
Profile Creeper
14,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh I almost forgot! I've read where Vforce can get away with stock jetting where Boyesen recommends leaning out 1 to 3 jets because the reeds make the motor run rich. Just more info for you
well that is good to know! thanks! and yeah iv heard people complain about vforce and the boots not lasting and then iv red where people have never had that happen and they've had them for 5 or 6 years so who knows right???

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I wouldn't expect anything power wise with reeds like they claim. Maybe 1 or 2 more hp if that. Throttle response will def increase which is never a bad thing

·
Profile Creeper
14,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wouldn't expect anything power wise with reeds like they claim. Maybe 1 or 2 more hp if that. Throttle response will def increase which is never a bad thing
yeah what are they claiming for HP like 5??? i find that hard to believe. 1 or 2 sounds about right and you are correct a throttle response increase is NEVER a bad thing

·
Registered
239 Posts
I run stock jetting with my sled and its stock with a can and its burns a nice coffee brown on the plugs .... Only had 3 sets for the whole season... And put on about 1200 miles last year and a good chunk of those miles were urban ditch banging and river riding.....also if u look at the inside of a ragecage vs. A vforce the ragecage being all metal housing its machined really nice and ported to atomize fuel better than vforce.... I think at this point I should try a get a job as a salesman for them .... Haha well good luck on making a choice let us know what u end up going with.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I run stock jetting with my sled and its stock with a can and its burns a nice coffee brown on the plugs .... Only had 3 sets for the whole season... And put on about 1200 miles last year and a good chunk of those miles were urban ditch banging and river riding.....also if u look at the inside of a ragecage vs. A vforce the ragecage being all metal housing its machined really nice and ported to atomize fuel better than vforce.... I think at this point I should try a get a job as a salesman for them .... Haha well good luck on making a choice let us know what u end up going with.

·
Registered
239 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts

·
Profile Creeper
14,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah i was thinking about going with the rage cages all along just wanted to be sure before i bought them ya know? they sound like there better quality wise but who knows? people have different opinions on everything and yeah your spittin some good game with the sales pitch there lol

·
First In, Last Out
2,985 Posts
I personally like Boyesen over VForce, mainly because Boyesen uses less rubber in their setup. With that said however, unless you're gonna push your motor mod wise I wouldn't worry about changing out reeds unless you really need to. I only put Boyesen Rage Cages in my 02 700 because the boots on the stockers were tearing and it was cheaper to replace them with aftermarket ones (looked at both and picked Boyesen because I like that setup better/got a much better price on them).

·
Profile Creeper
14,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Correct me if im wrong but I thought you can replace just the boots on the vforce
yes you can do this but why would you want to replace them if you can get the same or better performance from another reed that you dont have to replace rubber boots?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I have used Vforce on 3 different sleds, never had a problem with the boots cracking, Are you guys that have had the boots crack hooking the carb racks up right. there is an extra rubber strap that needs to be hooked up to support the rack, and keep it from bouncing around, I call it the bra strap!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts