Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First and foremost i would like to say hello! im a new guy!! My question is,is it worth the savings on aftermarket carb boots? I need three of. two for 05 500ss and 1 for 02 mxz600. dealer wants 100 bucks a piece! OUCH!!!!! if aftermarket is fine which i hope n pray! where do i find these boots? Thanks so much, Jim also info on reeds please

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
we are going on our 3rd season with them on my buddys 500ss...starting to show a little checking but not bad...they just passed a leaktest today

the ones i got had the resinator holes blocked off so you will have to cut them out if you have the bottle.

there a bunch on ebay...25-30 bucks

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
The 500ss have a separate boot and reeds. I found a pair of boots on eBay for $25. I am really leery of that price so will check them often. Think they are kimpex brand.
The 600ho takes a combo boot reed 1 piece unit. I went with OEM on mine. Try online search for Toledo east Honda. They have decent prices. Still not cheap.

·
stuck...
2,867 Posts
I wouldn't waste my money on junk. Bite the bullet and get boyesen rage cages. And stay away from kimpex. Oem. And v force. If u aren't going boyesen then go oem

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
I would not buy oem there junk for what they charge they do not last. There on eBay. I bought mine from Mat mcb. I got 3 years after the last set of oem never again

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks alot! have a great and safe christmas! Braaaaaaaap! :biggrin_old:

·
stuck...
2,867 Posts
I would not buy oem there junk for what they charge they do not last. There on eBay. I bought mine from Mat mcb. I got 3 years after the last set of oem never again
I just swapped my originals from 2007 and they were just starting to see signs of dry rot. Not supporting oem as I'll never go back but 3 years isn't right.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Boyesen all the way.... no sense in doing something without doing it the right way

·
Mod Smut
4,826 Posts
Only thing with Boyesen is it doesn't give you a reason to check the reeds too.. At least with rubber boots, every few years you have to make sure the reeds are good too.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Another vote for Boyesen. I replaced both sets on our 500ss this year. Way better than stock setup. Price new factory reeds, boots and cages, and it is actually more than the rage cages. the boots on the Boyesen units are like $8 each if they ever go bad. My local dealer said they won't even order the Kimpex boots anymore because they had to send quite a few back because they were warped right out of the box. You get what you pay for usually and saving a few bucks on carb boots that fail could cost you a ton of money for a burn down.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Vforce are great product and what a name too! Having said that the Vforce kit for 500ss requires using stock or kimpex stock replacement boots- a weak link so to speak. After goin thru oem boots after 2yrs and havin kimpex fail yearly, i went for the boyesen system. Some guys never have boot issues- think the prob with my sled was the movement of the carbs. Even with carb rack zip tied loosely to frame and padding behind airbox, my boots still failed and did so on the outer layer the metal reinforcement is molded around.
Kurt

1 - 18 of 18 Posts