Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used aftermarket (plastic 9 tooth) direct replacement drivers for a trail/lake racer application? What type and what kind of sucess did you have with the aftermarket drivers?

·
Registered
766 Posts
I just ordered wahl bros. extrovert 10 tooth for my sled, I used the wahl bros non extrovert for about 5 years and they were used when i got them.

There is a set of alum. drivers for sale on Amsnow, might try a set of them next.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just ordered wahl bros. extrovert 10 tooth for my sled, I used the wahl bros non extrovert for about 5 years and they were used when i got them.

There is a set of alum. drivers for sale on Amsnow, might try a set of them next.
Are you going to have to modify the skid frame rails for the extro's?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, I did in the past...
Can this be added to an existing stock set up? i.e. - can I remove the existing drivers off the shaft and press the new anti-ratched drivers then re-press the existing drivers back on? I guess what I am trying to say is can you reinstall stock drivers after they have been pressed off?

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Can this be added to an existing stock set up? i.e. - can I remove the existing drivers off the shaft and press the new anti-ratched drivers then re-press the existing drivers back on? I guess what I am trying to say is can you reinstall stock drivers after they have been pressed off?
That is what I did and used it for a few years w/o any problems whatsoever.

·
Registered
724 Posts
That is what I did and used it for a few years w/o any problems whatsoever.
What direction did you install them? When I line up the arrows from the anti-ratchet drivers with the arrows of the stock drivers, the anti-ratchet are all the way to the back of the track window while the stock drivers are at the front of the window. I would think they should be at the front or back of the windows at the same location so they turn/pull the track at the same time and location as the stock drivers.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
What direction did you install them? When I line up the arrows from the anti-ratchet drivers with the arrows of the stock drivers, the anti-ratchet are all the way to the back of the track window while the stock drivers are at the front of the window. I would think they should be at the front or back of the windows at the same location so they turn/pull the track at the same time and location as the stock drivers.
I finally took a look at this old front driver/shaft set-up. The front of the tooth of the anti-ratchet sprocket(extrovert)is even with the front of the introvert/stock driver tooth. When pressing these on, I didn't go by the arrows. I placed the anti-ratchets on the shaft till I got the best possible position for them. Hope this helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts