Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it that they supposedly lose power instead of add power. They all advertise 3-5 hp gain, but all I have noticed is that it messes with my power band. I dont really understand how it could lose power, maybe keep the same. Maybe it just slows down sleds, not lose raw hp, otherwise can they false advertise like that?

·
Snowtard
2,587 Posts
I think it has to do with less back pressure and heat. The right amount of both are needed for best HP. I just sold mine on ebay because it stole noticable power from my mid-range...

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my 600 ho carb with a sno stuff can goes to 8300 rpms and then slowly over a 1/2 mile goes down to 7800, ive been battleing this rpm thing for a while with my clickers, the rpms are really eratic. And then on my 500 ss i got a mbrp can and it dropped 300 rpms, I am very dissapointed in what these things are doing to my sleds.

·
Ka-RAY-Zeeee
5,301 Posts
It's been talked about here ad nauseum...they don't add anything but noise. They reduce HP and can cause other performance issues including running lean. Try an Aaen silencer and/or pipe if you want some performance gains.

·
Snowtard
2,587 Posts
Gade, from what I have read you need to buy the more expensive full exaust systems that are tested and proven. I had a sno stuff also. Dump the can even though it sounds sweet...

·
Just the Tip!!
2,504 Posts
biggziff said:
It's been talked about here ad nauseum...they don't add anything but noise. They reduce HP and can cause other performance issues including running lean. Try an Aaen silencer and/or pipe if you want some performance gains.
[snapback]711974[/snapback]​
Yes i 2nd to that i have the pipe and double core silencer with the combo u save 15lbs and gain 6H.P and the sound is great, not loud by any means but that mean sound of a performance sled.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
when my rpms vary from 8300-7800, is this hurting my engine any at wot?

·
Registered
445 Posts
I didn't lose any rpm's. My midrange feels a bit better, no loss on top end. Low end out of the hole I might have dropped a bit. Who knows, it is all seat of the pants feel anyway

·
Registered
31 Posts
check out the revelstoke sled shed web page. I met this guy there and he builds a can for BRP called "THE THING!" I spoke with bomby and this is the only aftermarket can that they recommend and it has dyno proof that they add hp. I am getting one made as we speak!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts