Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

Aftermarket Can for '03 REV 440 -

2K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  BrianF725 
#1 ·
Looking to see if anybody knows of an aftermarket can which is " trail friendly "

I'm looking for something louder than stock - so i can hear it / yet something that's not obnoxious

Anybody have any suggestions ?

thanks

#2 ·
Ive got a jaws can on my 04 440, i wouldnt call it very quiet, but many are louder. It does sound good, but it gets loud because these rev so high before you start moving. The jaws can, doesn't fit that well also, needs a lot of GOOP to seal it tight, maybe that changed that??? I might do back to stock, as NH is writing tickets this year.....

#3 ·
Thanks for the advice - I ride in VT mostly - occasionally go to Rangely ME also - The last thing i want is to be ticketed like $ 300 bucks - but i do want to make it a bit louder.....

My 2002 MXZX 440 seemed to be louder than my '03 Rev 440 and it's driving me nuts !

Art

#4 ·
Stay away from the Thing, I've got one on mine and it's loud. I heard 2 different rev 440's with Jaws silencers for the first time this weekend, and they were a little quieter but still too loud for the trails, IMO. Maybe the J&T is quiter?

#5 ·
i got the jaws can on my '04. i love how it sounds. its bad "edit for bad language". ceramic coated adds a nice touch as well. just not too happy on the fit of it. like chromeladyracing said, you gotta use alot of goop. and the outlet sticks out under the sled quite a bit. overall i like it though. im happy enough to keep it on. i had a mbrp on my 600 h.o. rev and just couldnt ride another sled with out some noise. sooo. thats my 2 cents on it.

#8 ·
hey 440 Rob - The J&T can you have - i was looking into getting one of those -

How loud is it ? Do you trail ride ? ever have any problems.....?

I spoke to the guy at Sled-X which is the dealer for the J&T can - and he checked w/ his fabricator to see if he could create a " trail Can" for the 440 - and i guess he tried in the past and it lost HP - so they didn't bother producing them.

any suggestions would help

#10 ·
I have heard the Jaws cans do not fit very well - Goop is needed to seal them off - plus i've heard they hang down quite a bit.

I'd look into a J&T can from sled-x / I'm pretty sure they are cheaper also - I was quoted $ 219 for a black painted one.

Just going off of what i've heard - good luck !

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
440 ROB said:
I have a J&T that I got from SLED-X and I love the sound, fit and finish is also good-----Rob
[snapback]691540[/snapback]​
That J&T fits much better than the Jaws. The body's a little skinnier so I wonder if it's louder than the Jaws. How bout the extension out of the bottom? The jaws hangs way too low and inevitably gets bent if your playing in the "questionable" areas.

#12 ·
Bro,
If you ride in VT I would can the can idea. They do ticket and this was one of the issues talked about at VAST meetings. Be careful if you do put one on as they can yank you and possibly impound if you have a few tickets. Not worth it IMO. Best, JQ. Great year for snirt roost, huh!

#13 ·
My buddy has a 03 440 and has the J&T silencer. It is for shure way too loud for the trail. nice can well build and bought from sled X. I considering buying one for my sled but welding in a small bafle to mainly deflect sound waves because you can see right throguh the can

#14 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions guys - Don't think i'm going to buy a can for my sled - VT is kinda strict and plus the trail are already in danger of being shut down and certain area's actually have curfew's - if you could believe that.

Thanks again - Guess i'll have to buy an Ipod and listen to music !

#15 ·
abors24 said:
Thanks for all the suggestions guys - Don't think i'm going to buy a can for my sled - VT is kinda strict and plus the trail are already in danger of being shut down and certain area's actually have curfew's - if you could believe that.

Thanks again - Guess i'll have to buy an Ipod and listen to music !
[snapback]696117[/snapback]​
Holy cow! I am glad there are people who do care enough about trail closures to bag the cans. Like it or not, this is a VERY real problem in Vt -see STOWE. 100 closed now, no north - south. Thanks dude, I will buy you a beer or six if we ever meet up! Cheers, JQ

#16 ·
hey art,bobby b, keep that sled quiet, dude,this winter sucks !! vt got rain again wrecking the trails in woodford,just heard it straight from the groomer,hot dog roast cancelled again ! cant boat, cant sled, *%@ !!

#18 ·
J&T Silencers makes one - check w/ sled-x.com

Jaws out of Canada makes one

and I'm pretty sure there is one other manufacturer that i'm aware of......

do a search and they will pop up - i've found many 440's are not listed - but if you contact them - they'll give you information on them

good luck !

#20 ·
sledheadbob said:
hey art,bobby b, keep that sled quiet, dude,this winter sucks !! vt got rain again wrecking the trails in woodford,just heard it straight from the groomer,hot dog roast cancelled again ! cant boat, cant sled, *%@ !!
[snapback]696971[/snapback]​
Yeah the Mount Holly pig roast/radar run for next weekend was canceled as well. Sucks but I dont think Im gonna get to do any real riding this year.

#23 ·
abors24 said:
Hey Proxi

J&T does offer a 440 silencer.... I was quoted a price of $ 219.00 + $ 15 shipping thru sled-x

website is www.sled-x.com

That price is for a black one - ceramic is usually around $ 50 extra.

Good luck !
[snapback]706502[/snapback]​
Thnx!

But how is it with the effect of it? Do i lose some HP, get some HP or will it be the same as with the stock can?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.