Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a good but relatively inexpensive aftermarket clutch for a 1995 Mach 1 670. The original clutch is on the machine and I do not beleive the person that had this machine before me looked after it. It requires the bushing's rollers and spring to be reaplaced it is going to cost about $400 I don't really want to spend that much? Should I find an aftermarket clutch or have this one reapired? Next how much performace am I losing not having my clutch performing like it should be?

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
hooligan1 said:
Does anyone know of a good but relatively inexpensive aftermarket clutch for a 1995 Mach 1 670. The original clutch is on the machine and I do not beleive the person that had this machine before me looked after it. It requires the bushing's rollers and spring to be reaplaced it is going to cost about $400 I don't really want to spend that much? Should I find an aftermarket clutch or have this one reapired? Next how much performace am I losing not having my clutch performing like it should be?

[snapback]707236[/snapback]​
Whoever you talking to about your clutch , don't let them work on amything , get your clutch and run away as fast as you can !
You could buy a new clutch on ebay for that price or for alot less & just have someone change your springs & ramps out.
Get a diffrent mech. and get your old one fixed shouldn't be no more than $100-$150 to rebuild . unless your clutch is cracked or broken .

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took it to a well known very popular ski-doo dealer in the area. The clutch has all the original parts and the sled has alot of miles on it. It has also had the motor rebuilt once. I have rode the sled very hard since I got it just over a year ago and I rebuilt the motor. The guy in the repair shop told me that it required inner and outer bushings and the rollers had a good amount of play in them and the spring was getting a little soft. I just wanted to know if this sounded right to anyone. If it does should I have the work done or should I just leave it until it breaks and leaves me stranded or should I put on an aftermarket clutch?

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Like Zebebad said GET IT OUT OF THERE!!!!!! Some Doo dealers are the biggest thieves around. Ask around to find a local guy to do it. Probably doesn't even need much, TRA's are virtually bullet proof. Aftermarket rollers and a spring would cost approx. $100, bushings are probably $15/20 each. At the most an hour labor. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.