Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It time to move my 8 year old daugter up from her 120. I have a lead on a Tundra 2 (circa 1995). I have never ridden one and would like to get some input on how they may work for a kid.

Thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I can't remember if the Tundra II was the 250 or 300 cc, but it seems like the perfect size sled for a step up. The Tundra chassis is smaller than the Safari or any of the 380 versions of the touring sleds. Lightweight and a good trail breaker for you when you want to crawl through the trees.

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
The handling is about as good as you can get for the narrow ski stance . It can be somewhat tippy but far better than the Elan which would be the other choice in that power range and the steering can be set up VERY light by letting out the limiter strap . Light weight (330 lb.) and has incredible flotation , it's what my kids learned on and , as previously stated , you will find it useful and fun too !

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I was thinking the same thing for my son. We don't have a lot of these types of machines around my part of the country so I'm a little weary about the resale. I was also thinking about a Freestyle but for what those are going for, money wise, one would be better off getting at least an '03 600 for the same amount of money, but I don't want my 8 year-old on a 600 liquid just yet.

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
I was thinking the same thing for my son. We don't have a lot of these types of machines around my part of the country so I'm a little weary about the resale. I was also thinking about a Freestyle but for what those are going for, money wise, one would be better off getting at least an '03 600 for the same amount of money, but I don't want my 8 year-old on a 600 liquid just yet.
I'll come get it when you're done with it

An Elan with ski spreaders is a reasonable substitute and has solid resale everywhere .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts