Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
Machzed's answer is the most misleading answer I have read on this board today and beleive me there have been a lot of them here today, advancing the timing doesn't work on the 06 map but not because of anything to do with the knock sensor. I can tell you this we did do an ECU change to the 06 sleds today and it did work really well. -- Bill

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cudney Racing said:
Machzed's answer is the most misleading answer I have read on this board today and beleive me there have been a lot of them here today, advancing the timing doesn't work on the 06 map but not because of anything to do with the knock sensor. I can tell you this we did do an ECU change to the 06 sleds today and it did work really well. -- Bill
[snapback]693223[/snapback]​
bill im your dome on my mach zx
advance timing 1 deg good or no

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
Bill

So are you saying not to advance a 06 at all?? Is there a preferred setting for an 06?? I have heard that all 06's all seem to be set up differently as well in terms of what is on the BUDDS. What will happen if you advance - loss of top end???

Spike

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well then how misleading is yours Bill ..... lol. Ok you say that it has nothing to do with the knock sensor ..... then what does it have to do with???????? So on that note what did you test and were the results on the ecu change??????? Just a stab to get some answers to keep my accessorized cudney mach out front.

Doug

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
The initial timing on the sleds is a lot different sometimes from one sled to another only because of location of triggers, flywheel and crank key locations etc. they will vary from .4 tp 1.2 and that is normal and it is the same on an 05 or 06. The timing of any advance does take away from performance on the 06. The changes we did yesterday to the 06 worked very well and the sled with our trail clutch kit ran just around 126mph. We are doing further testing this weekend up north on Lake "X" to see if it is sustained or not. -- Bill

·
Registered
522 Posts
Cudney Racing said:
The initial timing on the sleds is a lot different sometimes from one sled to another only because of location of triggers, flywheel and crank key locations etc. they will vary from .4 tp 1.2 and that is normal and it is the same on an 05 or 06. The timing of any advance does take away from performance on the 06. The changes we did yesterday to the 06 worked very well and the sled with our trail clutch kit ran just around 126mph. We are doing further testing this weekend up north on Lake "X" to see if it is sustained or not. -- Bill
[snapback]693986[/snapback]​
Please, please where is LAKE X

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
hey Bill,

I just posted we got the track ready to go on mary lake....Maybe you can bring that 126mph sled over and i can guarantee you,many guys there would BUY whatever you got if you go 126!...

Too many of us 06 guys are stuck..help us out!..lol

thanks Bill
Dan

·
Registered
445 Posts
Cudney Racing said:
I'm beginning to think that Cudney is having alot of fun screwing with you guys

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
Just to tell you I am not having any fun screwing with anybody. The amount of time and resources we have spent on the Mach is unbeleivable and I would be lucky if I recoup the amount of money spent on this thing over the next 4 years. I have read so many things on here about the sled, some are great and do expand the knowledge about this sled but most aren't. So all I can tell everybody is that this is my last post on the Mach period. -- Bill

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
BOKMAN said:
Cudney Racing said:

[snapback]695187[/snapback]​
Thanks for driving a good source of info off of the board with a stupid comment that had nothing to do with this topic. May your Mach Z be forever slow.

·
Registered
816 Posts
BOKMAN said:
Cudney Racing said:

[snapback]695187[/snapback]​
bill, are you saying 126 on gun or speedo?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Cudney Racing said:
Just to tell you I am not having any fun screwing with anybody. The amount of time and resources we have spent on the Mach is unbeleivable and I would be lucky if I recoup the amount of money spent on this thing over the next 4 years. I have read so many things on here about the sled, some are great and do expand the knowledge about this sled but most aren't. So all I can tell everybody is that this is my last post on the Mach period. -- Bill
[snapback]695343[/snapback]​
Thanks for all your input Bill , sorry it came to this ..... still have your phone # good luck to you

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.