Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't find anything regarding this online. Belt sits a hair low on the secondary and would like to adjust it so that it protrudes just a bit...Thanks!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
If you turn the 3 Allen a screws in it will make the belt sit lower. I would set the belt defection with a new belt. Old belts wear and sit lower in the secondary

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Just loosen the 3 bolts, turn the ring a bit so the notch on the ring goes towards the higher number on the sheave. Then tighten the bolts up and run it up. Shut it off, let it coast to a stop, don't use the brake, then check your belt deflection. Its a simple, easy to do adjustment. As the belt wears you can keep it at the proper tension with a 2 minute adjustment. I just realized you might not have an hpv secondary. Tell us what if it isn't an adjustment like above.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hi Guys, here is a photo of the secondary:

1623722_10151999741776365_735608464_n.jp

Here is a photo of the belt, looks brand new:

1620910_10151999742111365_2100902300_n.j

Photo looks a lot better on my phone, but isn't the belt supposed to protrude about 1/8" above that little 'line' in the V of the belt? The top part of the belt is not really considered part of the protrusion for proper belt height, correct?

Also, two random questions:

1. I picked up some new plugs for the sled, they gave me the BR9ECS plugs. Those are the correct plugs right? What should they be gapped to?

2. Where can I get some good Ski-Doo hand guards online? I heard Dennis Kirk usually has some good prices. Currently I do not have any and would like to throw some on the sled.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
That's an HPV secondary, so adjust it like I said above. But don't obsess with whats above the secondary sheaves, set the belt deflection properly.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The adjustment on the secondary directly relates to what RPM the motor will rev to, correct? I was only getting about 7500RPM out of it...my uncles 01 800 seems like its a bit faster but I could be wrong. Hoping this adjustment will fix that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts