Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a low end bog, just before and at engagement. I also have a can that glows but now that I think about it, it could have happened as we were at idle after a run. If I have a slight bog, am I running too rich? Does adjusting the fuel screws only change idle mix. or does it change the mix. for the entire rpm range? And my last question for now....what is the settings on the fuel screws from factory? Thanks

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
wecker20 said:
ttt
[snapback]728244[/snapback]​
i have this issue also!! not always tho, only sometimes.
anyhelp would be great.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Use the choke when checking it. If it gets worse with the choke, then
its a rich bog. If it gets better, then its starving for fuel. That will give
you a clue. Just flip the choke as soon as you feel the bog.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
did that and it gets worse when I use the choke. I really want to find out where the fuel screws are from factory so I have a starting point. Haven't done any adjusting yet and want to make sure they are both set the same and from factory settings then go from there....unless someone has a better answer.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
i never did the choke thing, i will next time out. mine is a very fast bog, not sure i can hit the chock that fast, but i will try.

·
Registered
290 Posts
factory setting is 1 1/2 turns out from all the way in...or 1 1/4 (consult dealer) but i know for a fact most are running between 1 1/4 and 1 3/4...i personally am at 1 1/2. sounds like you may need to adjust your choke cable...its the 2nd cable in located on top of your carbs. closer to the oil tank. make sure that you have a little play in the choke before it engages. also another thing to check would be if your carbs are clean. whatever you do...do NOT lean it out too much...a spark plug is a lot cheaper to replace than a burnt up cylinder! Hope this helps.

·
Registered
290 Posts
wecker20 said:
did that and it gets worse when I use the choke. I really want to find out where the fuel screws are from factory so I have a starting point. Haven't done any adjusting yet and want to make sure they are both set the same and from factory settings then go from there....unless someone has a better answer.
[snapback]728528[/snapback]​
to get to the fuel screws...remove your airbox...if you can see the white, nylon looking nobs located in the middle and to left of your carbs and adjust them then thats all you need to do...if you cant adjust them from there, disconnect your carb heat line from the anti-freeze bottle, disconnect your fuel line, disconnect the line from the airbox addition on your side panel, disconnect the antifreeze line going into your cylinders also, and finally the throttle and choke cables...after doing this you can loosen the carbs from the reed boots with a philips head and remove the carbs all together. this is probably the best way because you can then screw the white fuel screws in all the way and then turn them back out to make sure both are set at a safe level and both are on the same setting. make sure you get everything hooked back up 100% and dont forget to put antifreeze back in! good luck.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the fuel screw set point. Know where they are and how to get the carbs off. The entire sled is tore down right now to find the prob. and to eliminate things. Just needed the set point for the fuel screws. Already checked the choke cable and adjustment. Thanks!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
screws were 3 full turn out! I'll call my dealer tomorrow and ask him where they've been putting them. From what I've read up on, 3 turns out is way too rich.

·
Registered
87 Posts
They should be 1 1/2 turns out. I would be surprised if that adjustment fixes it. Air screws really effect mostly just idle. This topic has been addressed many time in the past and I have yet to find a cure.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
u2shouldDoo said:
They should be 1 1/2 turns out. I would be surprised if that adjustment fixes it. Air screws really effect mostly just idle. This topic has been addressed many time in the past and I have yet to find a cure.
[snapback]730783[/snapback]​
They're fuel screws and this is a non sdi. W/ a hot can and deceleration I can see w/ the screws being 3 turns out, too much fuel not being burned and ending up in the can. What else could it be? The slight bog could also be pointed to the fuel screws. When I get it back together we'll see.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts