Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st, excuse my ignorance
- this is my first sled so I'm new to all this clutching B.S. I've read up the a$$ on clutch adjustment, but need a little coaching on what to do for this specific issue to 'properly' adjust clutch to it's fullest potential w/o purchasing a full kit (tight on the $$$), however I'm thinking of going to a 200/300 spring.

I have about 780 mi. on my stock 05 600 X SDI and seem to think the pull has diminished a little...the engine is fine, though it's running a little rich.

Right now, it's set up like it came from the dealer...what I've noticed:

- minimal wear on the primary (some, not overly pronounced wear where the belt rides on the inner 1-2")
- some belt wear (I have a new belt, but want to sqeeze the most outta this one)
- belt riding flush with outer edge of secondary.

1.) A little belt wear therefore belt not riding as high on the secondary, so what to adjust? secondary is set at 4 (I think?), not sure about the primary...

2.) The RPMs are creaping a little over 8100-8300, and I'd like to get r down to the peak HP range, 78-8000 - I understand I need to adjust the primary(?), each adjustment ~ 200 RPMs to get it down, correct?

Any help or specific direction on what to do here would be great!!! thanks to all in advance

RIDE ON!

Jake

·
Registered
253 Posts
you loosen the 3 bolts on the face of the sencondary and move the slider to the next number. Take it for a quick blast and check the belt. Should be just about on the seam of the belt.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kingofl337 said:
you loosen the 3 bolts on the face of the sencondary and move the slider to the next number. Take it for a quick blast and check the belt. Should be just about on the seam of the belt.
[snapback]293025[/snapback]​
I understand that adjustment, any comments about adjusting the primary, what to look for in relation to power gains (pull)...assuming I keep the engine in the meat HP range?

Will going with a heavier spring help engagement (give a noticable improvement) and increase low-midrange response?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts