Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
COOLDOO said:
Does anyone have any photos on you adjustable pins with the weights installed?

Dumb question - Does the cotter pin go in & the weights screwed in until it reaches the cotter pin?
[snapback]683270[/snapback]​
Yes setscrews go all the way in

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
To clearify;
The pin goes through the arm, then the cotter pin is installed to secure pin to arm, then the first 'weight' is screwed into pin and snugged up against the cotter pin, the following 'weight'(s) are then tightened up against the previous 'weight'. 05SDI

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
05SDI said:
To clearify;
The pin goes through the arm, then the cotter pin is installed to secure pin to arm, then the first 'weight' is screwed into pin and snugged up against the cotter pin, the following 'weight'(s) are then tightened up against the previous 'weight'. 05SDI
[snapback]683448[/snapback]​
Both sets I have (1 from Cudney) are solid on the end the cotter pins goes through. Once my set screws are in I can still pull out the cotter pin and swap to my other pins for out west. I find it faster and easier to just to two sets of pins set instead of changing a bunch of set screws..

·
Registered
290 Posts
05SDI said:
snowbum said:
Loctite on the last one and short set screws in first
[snapback]683556[/snapback]​
lol can't run 22.9 grams running a short weight! Three long weights here baby!
[snapback]683618[/snapback]​
Sure can. Tungsten inserts that drop into the adjustable pins but not threaded. long ones are 5.5 grams and short ones are 2.5 grams and leave plenty of room for set screws. Even short ones.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.