Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Stupid Hurts!!!!!!
3,180 Posts
Have not seen the hyfax profile for the newer doo's yet. Can you remove them and turn them around? We've done that as a quick fix for excessive wear.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Something is wrong if you are having excessive wear. I have 2500 miles and still have 3-4 mm before getting to metal. You do know that they wear quickly in some areas, then basically stop. Make sure your track is not too tight. I've known several guys that think they need to change their hyfax because a certain area seems to be approaching the line quickly. One week of my riding was on hard frozen trails where there wasn't any powder to lubricate the hyfax. If I had been in better snow all winter, I could probably go another 1,500 miles on them. I have just made it a practice to change them every summer, even though they would probably be good for another 1,000 miles. When they are $20, what's the point?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Another thing to think about is that you don't end up spending $89 on wheels in hopes of saving $20 hyfax.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Another thing to think about is that you don't end up spending $89 on wheels in hopes of saving $20 hyfax.
Not everyone rides in small circles ... some go out on 3-5 days rides and get hundreds of miles from there truck / camp . a few times we have gone out with wet warm conditions and a day later its boiler plate ice to deal with. And yes Mac Daddy , I have turned mine end to end to get back to the truck, works no problem.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I put 5000 on last year on one set. Just like the protection of extra wheels towards back that I had on my 10 ren.Its the rides from one end of UP to other and back not knowing when it might warm up and freeze solid. I am pretty careful always considering trail conditions but just one morning with a hardpacked groomed set up trail and 90mph and the melting begins. I also run a 1.5" track.

·
Super Moderator
4,024 Posts
The cost is more like $20 each, and to replace all 6 of the idler wheels on the models that have the little wheels with the big is more like $200. The R-Motion is harder on hyfax. The point is not to save the $40, but to be be able to ride 4000-6000 miles and not worry, especially when on a 1000 trip in varied conditions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.