Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have my mach stripped down to do some painting , it seems as if i wanted to add es to it i should do it now as its pretty bare . anyone know if it is a bad job to do and what it may cost to do it ?? thanks

·
Registered
211 Posts
Don't know the price or part number, but the dealer told me that they get 6.5hrs credit from BRP to install one, so count on that plus if you never have installed one before.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I would think that would be for one that did not already have the ring gear on and stuff. all wiring is there already and what could a starter cost?? 200? I will look into it more.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Adding ES to a non ES Mach Z..... well.....

Thing is...not all the wiring is done, a few wires are added when mounting it. Why it takes so long is because you need to pull the engine(release the enginemounts and lift the engine as far up as you can get it) to be able to fit the starter to the engine. Then you need to fit the batterybracket, battery, starter solenoid, some wiring. Then remount the engine and all the stuff you did disassemble to lift the engine.

To lift the engine.... without proper tools and a crane or similar... is darn hard work. The 995SDI is not the lightest engine Rotax did construct and if you plan on have a buddy to lift and hold it...... better bring some big guys from the local gym to do it. The lifting tool is however rather easy to make yourself if you use your imagination and you can make fasterners out of 2 scrap plugs to use the plugthreads to lift the engine with.

·
Registered
816 Posts
freakshow12 said:
I figured it could be done by pulling the pipe and y pipe off.
[snapback]272939[/snapback]​
we put the es kits on. same price as a rev kit. not much more difficult than any other kits

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
mach 2005 said:
we put the es kits on. same price as a rev kit. not much more difficult than any other kits
[snapback]272945[/snapback]​
There is noway you can get the starter in place without lifting the engine a good 3-4". The left motormount have to come of and there is no prepared hole in the chassi like the REV has for the lower bolt. Also...doing it without removing the pipe....well unless you have arms of a monkey and can bend them the wrong way....I'd recomend removing the pipe. The can must come of to allow for a nice routing of the wire.
In total I used 2.5 hours for the job and I belive it was pretty straight forward.
It is more difficult then in a REV no doubt.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts