Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to add electric start to my 07 blizzard 800. I have a used working starter and it looks like I have the ring gear attached behind the clutch already. Also I have a battery already installed in my sled for a fish finder that I have mounted in to. What other parts do i need. Will the start button work when everything is installed or do I need to have it programmed?

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
The rer/starter button will work as long as you have the e-start configuration harness.

When you had the battery installed.. maybe they installed that so the battery would charge.

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
I have the e-start installation instructions and parts list for non sdi if you want them.

They are for an 03 rev but I think all the parts are the same except the battery box.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
You can get it in with the y pipe in and clutch on. Just pull the expansion pipe, and sway bar mount.

Although I will say pulling the clutch makes it much easier.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pull the clutch bolt pour water down the hole tape the end of the bolt and screw the bolt back in till the clutch pops right?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Pull the clutch bolt pour water down the hole tape the end of the bolt and screw the bolt back in till the clutch pops right/
Yes. Lots of Teflon tape though. Freaking amazing first time you do it!
Kurt

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got it all in. motor turns over but won't start. I put the old harness in and it starts with the pull cord. could the relay be bad or the harness bad.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah I tried both fuses. Both are good. It turns over no problem with estart just no spark. Switch to the old harness and it starts. I even pulled the relay on the old harness and it still starts. Could the relay be used for estart and its bad.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts