Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
ruscc9160 said:
I haev an 02 MXZ 500F. Is adding a tach to this sled simple, or do I have to install a sensor? Is it worth it?
[snapback]683552[/snapback]​
I just picked one up off of eBay for my wifes 02 MXZ 380. It was a snap !!
The worst part was cutting the hole and that wasn't hard either.
As long as you get one that is for your engine ( two cylinder vs triple if I remember right ) if you are buying a used one, make sure they have the bracket so you can mount it... It's a simple plug into the harness, as they all come setup from Ski-doo for it. Your dealer should be able to tell you what conector it goes to. Or I could look at hers too..

Is it worth it??? I'd rather have a tach than a speedo.. I care about the engine.
Plus it gives it a "finished" look to me.
Pat

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Patmann said:
ruscc9160 said:
I haev an 02 MXZ 500F. Is adding a tach to this sled simple, or do I have to install a sensor? Is it worth it?
[snapback]683552[/snapback]​
I just picked one up off of eBay for my wifes 02 MXZ 380. It was a snap !!
The worst part was cutting the hole and that wasn't hard either.
As long as you get one that is for your engine ( two cylinder vs triple if I remember right ) if you are buying a used one, make sure they have the bracket so you can mount it... It's a simple plug into the harness, as they all come setup from Ski-doo for it. Your dealer should be able to tell you what conector it goes to. Or I could look at hers too..

Is it worth it??? I'd rather have a tach than a speedo.. I care about the engine.
Plus it gives it a "finished" look to me.
Pat
[snapback]683901[/snapback]​
Thanks for your advice. There is a giant snowmobile scrapyard near my house, so I will probably try to get one from there. Just wondering, how much do you think a used tach and mount will cost me?

Craig

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.