Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wired in a new LED to help with the bright lights for on those DARK trails. The headlights do not adjust high enough and i'm forced to slow to a crawl as I am unable to see more that 20 ft in front of the sled, even with a passenger.

Picked up the light on amazon for $18. Grabbed a wiring kit for $12. Wired the lights to the high beam so when i turn on the high beams the additional light will turn on. Put the connection on the harness side so that when i pull the hood, i do not need to remove another connection.

Sorry for the crappy cellphone pics.

led1.PNG

Used a couple 3 inch ujoint backer plates with holes in them that i had laying around. Picked up a couple m8 x 1.25 x 60mm bolts to secure to the handlebar/riser connectors.

led2.PNG

led3.PNG

Picked up some aluminum stock 1/4 inch by 1 inch by 2 feet. Drilled out the holes. Secured to the backer plates with m8 x 1.25 x .75 bolts.

led4.PNG

Low beams above

High beam w/LED below

led5.PNG

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought that too. But since I sit over the windshield and the light is at my hand level. I am all good.

·
boost junkie
10,692 Posts
why didnt you just add the one brp sells?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
why didnt you just add the one brp sells?
What 1EVIL55 said ^^^^^^ . Plus, mine is adjustable. I can stack a 2nd row on if i need too.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I did the same thing but mounted it below the headlights in that center vent about 1/2 down the sled... $26 total into it. Amazing a 4"led is brighter than stock lights, i did it for insurance in case my main lights quit (which is a new trick they learned and dealer can't figure out).

·
Registered
539 Posts
I am also going to add one but I will mount it to the bumper somehow, I added a very small led on my riser to shine down on my dash so that I could see the heated seat switch in the dark, I was always fumbling around looking for that and the eco-normal-sport switch and with the brp led light I have three switchs to sort out in the dark while traveling down the trail. I doo find the slight reflection on my windshield making me think there is someone closing on me when there is no one there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts