Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Quebec and I just got stranded with my new 900 Ace - 1100 miles into the trip! Everything was good and all the sudden it started to act up like it was out of gas! Check engine light is on, 4 beeps, 18-20 mph max and about 4500 rpms, rough idle that is bouncing all around. Getting trucked back in right now...any ideas???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
My wife's acted up like that this year but No beeps or check engine light. Ended up being bad gas. We dumped a half a small bottle of K100 in and it ran fine... check your coil plugs too

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
4 sleds in the group - we all gassed together and no other issues, calling dealers in the area tomorrow to see if I can get it looked at. Try the tether 100 times - not sure

·
Keeping Skioutty on his toes...
2017 Ski doo Renegade 900...2022 Polaris Indy 137 XC 650
31,246 Posts
Coil ?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Coil would throw a code but would run on 2 cyls and you would have a sled running just a bit better than ECO mode but should maintain trail speeds, at least that is how it acts on the 1200's. Good luck and let us know what you find. Anything to do with codes in the manual under the seat that you could check?

I woudl check the simple stuff like battery connections and grounds and also all the fuses in the box plus even swap relays as I understand that the 900's use the same relay for the light circuit as the fuel circuit.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dealer is looking at as I type this - his initial thought was coil from my description- will update

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Please let us know what code(s) he finds.

A coil that open circuits would be detected by the ECU which would set the CEL. Beeping & limp mode? That is usually reserved for immediate problems, low oil, overheat...

If it was the coil the ECU would then shut off that injector but probably not go into limp mode. It would probably run relatively smooth too.

Since we are really just guessing here. I am going for TPS faulty/open circuit. It is giving the ECU out of range values so it went into limp mode.

The rough idle is because the ECU is just guessing at the actual TPS value. Since it has iTC the ECU knows the flapper position (driver input) and guestimates how to drive the throttle plate and provide fuel accordingly.

Again, just guessing.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Not the coil, my coil was completely disconnected and the sled ran just as if it were a 600 ACE. No engine light, no limiter, no beeps, just the power of a 600 ace. 60 tops, 6000 rpms.

With that being said it doesn't sound like a coil. Sounds just like a tether issue.

Pat

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Not the coil, my coil was completely disconnected and the sled ran just as if it were a 600 ACE. No engine light, no limiter, no beeps, just the power of a 600 ace. 60 tops, 6000 rpms.

With that being said it doesn't sound like a coil. Sounds just like a tether issue.

Pat
That's strange because there is a trouble code for an open coil circuit.

Hopefully we will find out the code(s).

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
one of mine did that and it was a oil pressure switch, have the oil filter changed as well if thats the code. some have blown apart and the metal cover comes off the paper element.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Bringing this back up. My wife's sled did it again so did mine. Shut um off for a few . Then they run fine for a minute or two.. then caughing poping like a fuel delivery issue.. had to haul I'm home from camp ..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts