Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I'm looking for some suggestions on places to stay for an overnight trip. My wife and I and a few other couples are looking to head out somewhere for the February 7-8 weekend. I'm looking for a nice resort/lodge with good food, nice rooms and a hot tub. We live in Mattawa but are looking to trailer and start somewhere different. We've stayed at Spectacle Lake lodge in Barry's Bay and the Northridge inn in Sundridge, both places are very nice, just looking for a new destination. Any suggestions for the Parry Sound, West Nippising, or Temagami areas? We're looking at the Sportsmans lodge north of Sudbury right now, any other suggestions would be appreciated or comments good or bad on Sportsmans lodge would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm not 100% sure it will be open as I heard it was sold recently, but you could consider the Whitestone Lake Resort in Dunchurch Ontario. Its on Whitestone Lake about halfway between Parry Sound and Sundridge. I've never stayed there, but I have had lunch there a few times and really liked the atmosphere. My old man has a cottage on the same lake and the trails in the area are fantastic (assuming they open up by then). There's gas, food and LCBO, all close by and there's access to many different trails.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
On our RAN tour in '14, 2 of us rented 1 of the little cabins @ Edgewater Lodge on Sand Lake east of Kearney. Nice, cozy & warm.

Check out the link in my signature for ideas.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Looking for a Nice hotel,Lodge,or Cabins to spend 4 or 5 days doing different day trips. Would like pool,Hot Tub and nice restaurant. Have a variety of people including young adults to middle age fun people. Quebec seems easier to find Lush stuff but I like Ontario better so far.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the ideas! We are booked into the Presidential Suites in Temiscaming Shores for next weekend. We are spending 2 nights up there. Does anyone have recommendations on which trails to hit when we get up there? Places not to miss? Thanks!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We checked out Temagami shores, unfortunately they have closed down their restaurant for the winter.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
With the weather, lack of snow, questionable trails and el-mean-o.

Be fully aware of the cancellation policies where every you end up booking.

Non of these places will be five star, nor 1ooo's per night. But if it's a wash out?

You should know what your costs will be. 2 weeks notice? 24 hour, 48 hour cancellation?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the advice Stever. Fortunately we are getting good amounts of snow up North again. I think we are getting 10 cm today and showing snow for the next week in these areas. Not really cold but nice temps for going out all day! ????

1 - 12 of 12 Posts