Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, all.

I bought an 06 rev 600 sdi adrenaline a few days ago for $1,200 cash and want to add power for GPS.

I read all the forums I could find about doing it, but no luck for my setup. I heard that these sleds are supposed to be pre-wired for the outlet, but I looked around in there for about an hour and found nothing direct fit. So, on to what I have found.

On my battery, there is a wire that goes from my battery to a fuse, and out into the sled. There is a pigtail that runs off of it that has a female spade connector. There is no ground wire near it, only the red. On the left side of the sled, there are some loose connectors, one of which is another female spade, but this time, black wire. I am wondering if I can just run wire into them both to create a circuit, or if it is best to just ground out on the battery terminal. I ordered the 12v kit from skidoo, but I could not find any plugs that fit the kit I received, so my plan is tho just use the hot off the fuze, and wire it up that way. If I do, what gauge wire is recommended?

The top image is the red from the battery, and the bottom picture is the other spade I found behind the left headlight

Thank you in advanced for your responses and I am excited to be back out on a sled this winter!

Attachments

·
Registered
264 Posts
Ok the wire on the battery side is supposed to go to the top of that solenoid on top of the battery. Atleast it is on mine . The other is empty as well on mine .

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

·
That's probably sarcasm.
2016 1200 Renegade X
21,041 Posts
I added mine where the gas gauge should be. If you don't have a gas or temp gauge, the sled is wired for those. There will be a power source one either side, I plugged into it and then wires a ground. Easy.

Sent from the Island of Misfit Toys

·
Registered
264 Posts
I added mine where the gas gauge should be. If you don't have a gas or temp gauge, the sled is wired for those. There will be a power source one either side, I plugged into it and then wires a ground. Easy.

Smurfy I wonder if that other connector that he showed is that wire you spoke of. I have that wire like him and no electronic gas gauge or temp gauge.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

·
That's probably sarcasm.
2016 1200 Renegade X
21,041 Posts
I don't believe so. The connectors I am referring to are right up under the dash.

Just checked, my SDI has that same connection on top of the battery.

343a68820ace30839791742df96084bc.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

You just plugged a spade connector into it, or did you cut the connector off and connect it that way?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the help so far, guys. I honestly might just end up getting a battery kit for the cigarette lighter and run it right from the battery. $7 on Amazon and it is all separate.

·
That's probably sarcasm.
2016 1200 Renegade X
21,041 Posts
You just plugged a spade connector into it, or did you cut the connector off and connect it that way?
I plugged a spade into it. The benefit is the power is off when the sled isn't running. I have an SDI and the battery is very important, I can't forget to unplug the gps at lunch and just use the pull start.

Reactions: Daag44

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I plugged a spade into it. The benefit is the power is off when the sled isn't running. I have an SDI and the battery is very important, I can't forget to unplug the gps at lunch and just use the pull start.

gotcha, do you remember what color the wire was? I only saw the black wire pictured, but I could have just overlooked the others.

·
That's probably sarcasm.
2016 1200 Renegade X
21,041 Posts
gotcha, do you remember what color the wire was? I only saw the black wire pictured, but I could have just overlooked the others.
On the right side there is a connector above the coolant tank with red, black and purple wires. Red is hot, black is ground.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Alright, so I decided to go another route. I did not like the idea of always having power to the outlet due to the battery being so important on these SDIs. So, I decided to go with this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QR3C8N2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and I will update with pictures when I get it done. The voltage meter really appealed to me and will let me know if I need to throw the battery on a tender, plus with the switch, it makes life so much easier. Quick and simple it seems, but we'll find out I guess!

·
Registered
752 Posts
Alright, so I decided to go another route. I did not like the idea of always having power to the outlet due to the battery being so important on these SDIs. So, I decided to go with this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QR3C8N2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and I will update with pictures when I get it done. The voltage meter really appealed to me and will let me know if I need to throw the battery on a tender, plus with the switch, it makes life so much easier. Quick and simple it seems, but we'll find out I guess!
That looks great. 12V, USB and a rocker. Let us know how it comes out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts